OverviewRaise a pint to the spirits of Samuel Adams, Paul Revere and George Washington as you relive more than 375 years of tavern history in Boston. This informative 3-hour walking tour also gives you a taste of Boston pizza, one of the citys best bites. Sample three of the best pizzas in town. Along the way youll explore Bostons oldest neighborhoods, like Beacon Hill, the Blackstone Block, the North End (Little Italy) and Charlestown, and visit some of New Englands most historic landmarks.
Know More about this tourIndulge in Boston’s eclectic pizza culture on this 3-hour walking tour. Bring your appetite when you meet your guide in the North End, Boston’s oldest neighborhood. Settled in 1630, it’s also known as Little Italy, and Italian is still spoken in the streets.
Aside from sampling a cheesy slice in this neighborhood, you’ll get a taste of Boston’s history. See Boston’s oldest pizzeria, with an oven from 1883, and stop at the spot where the famous ‘Crime of the Century’ — the armed robbery of the Brink’s Building — happened in 1950.
Follow your guide down the cobblestone streets of neighboring Charlestown to see tavern ruins dating all the way back to 1635. Then stop at a historic tavern, established in 1785, for the second slice slice of the tour. Work up some more appetite on the walk past Bunker Hill Monument and through the Charlestown Navy Yard to see the USS Constitution, nicknamed ‘Old Ironsides.’
Then the walking tour gets sea legs on the short, scenic ferry ride to the historic Long Wharf. Bust out your camera for snapshots of the steeple of Old North Church, Fan Pier and the Old State House — the oldest public building still standing in Boston.
It’s a short walk back to the North End for your last slice before venturing to the Blackstone Block, Boston’s oldest commercial district. The tour wraps up in the North End at either the oldest tavern in America or a tavern known as the ‘Headquarters of the Revolution.’ Cheers! Take some time to order a beer (own expense) to complete the day.
Inclusions for Boston Pizza And Taverns Tour
- Local guide
- Pizza tastings
Exclusions for Boston Pizza And Taverns Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Beer, wine, liquor
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Discover historical Boston taverns; drinks are not included
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.