OverviewLearn more about North of Portugal, represented in its most iconic cities, Braga with Roman origins which became the city of Bishops, full of churches and today a young city full of students. Also Guimarães, the birthplace of our nation, from where our first king started the Christian reconquest.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by an art historian
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour morning starts with pickup from your hotel by air-conditioned minivan. Head to Braga, home to the 19th-century sanctuary of Bom Jesus. Board a water-powered funicular (included), which transports you skyward to survey the citys far reaches. Then descend into the city center and start exploring.
Known as the city of the archbishops, Braga boasts numerous stunning churches. Visit the church of Congregados, located outside the medieval walled city, and the majestic S cathedral (optional). Peruse the old castle tower, or for a dose of modern architecture, visit the renowned 20th-century Teatro Circo. Relax inside the old Astoria Caf, where you can glimpse the medieval wall.
Indulge in Portuguese delicacies on your way to Guimares. Take a guided stroll through the towns historic center, where youll visit the Romanesque church of St. Miguel, baptismal site of Portugals first king. See the 15th-century Palace of the Dukes of Bragana (optional), built for the royal family. Meander down narrow streets to the lower part of town, stopping at Padro do Salado and the Nossa Senhora da Oliveira Church. On the citys outskirts, youll find Toural Squares weekly fair. Satisfy your sweet tooth here, or at a traditional pastry shop, before returning to Porto.
Inclusions for Braga And Guimarães Tour With Lunch From Porto
- Entrance to water-powered funicular
- Entrance to Guimarães Castle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
Exclusions for Braga And Guimarães Tour With Lunch From Porto
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.