Braga And Guimarães Tour With Lunch From Porto
OverviewLearn more about North of Portugal, represented in its most iconic cities, Braga with Roman origins which became the city of Bishops, full of churches and today a young city full of students. Also Guimarães, the birthplace of our nation, from where our first king started the Christian reconquest.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by an art historian
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour morning starts with pickup from your hotel by air-conditioned minivan. Head to Braga, home to the 19th-century sanctuary of Bom Jesus. Board a water-powered funicular (included), which transports you skyward to survey the citys far reaches. Then descend into the city center and start exploring.
Known as the city of the archbishops, Braga boasts numerous stunning churches. Visit the church of Congregados, located outside the medieval walled city, and the majestic Sé cathedral (included). Peruse the old castle tower, or for a dose of modern architecture and see the old Astoria Café, where you can glimpse the medieval wall.
Indulge in Portuguese delicacies on your way to Guimarães. Take a guided stroll through the towns historic center, where youll visit the Romanesque church of St. Miguel, baptismal site of Portugals first king as well visit the very first portuguese Castle. See the 15th-century Palace of the Dukes of Bragança (optional), built for the royal family. Meander down narrow streets to the lower part of town, stopping at Padrão do Salado and the Nossa Senhora da Oliveira Church. On the citys outskirts, youll find Toural Squares weekly fair. Satisfy your sweet tooth here, or at a traditional pastry shop, before returning to Porto.
Inclusions for Braga And Guimarães Tour With Lunch From Porto
- Entrance to water-powered funicular
- Entrance to Guimarães Castle
- Entrance in Braga's Cathedral
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
Exclusions for Braga And Guimarães Tour With Lunch From Porto
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with Wine Tasting, Portuguese Lunch and Optional River Cruise
- Wine Tour of the Vinho Verde Region from Porto Including Lunch
- Guimares and Braga - Small group tour with lunch from Porto
- Into the North - Small Group Wine Tastings Tour
- Minho Day Trip from Porto Including Lunch
- Fado Show including Dinner and Mini Limousine Transfer with Champagne
- Private Tour: Braga and Guimares from Porto
- Private Tour: Santiago de Compostela and Viana do Castelo from Porto