Braga Half-Day Tour From PortoWrite a Review
From USD 65.89
OverviewEnjoy a half-day city tour to "Bracara Augusta", the ancient Roman city with over 2000 years of history! Get to now the oldest city in Portugal, which today is one of the youngest cities in Europe!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by an art historian
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourWe’ll pick you up at your hotel in the morning and follow in a air conditioned minivan towards "Bracara Augusta" (Braga), the ancient roman city! Will begin our visit in the sanctuary of Bom Jesus and prepare yourself to get there in a water-powered funicular (included) built in 1882. From the top of the hill be dazzle with the spectacular belvedere with the entire city bellow.
Reaching the historical center of Braga, it's time to do a small walking tour to know the city in more detail. In the outside of the old medieval Wall, first we'll visit the church of Congregados to head after towards the most imposing monument, the Sé Cathedral (optional visit) built in Romanesque style with finishings in Gothic style. Braga being the city of the archbishops, it's cathedral is indeed one of the most spectacular.
Still have some churches to visit, so as the old castle tower or the new avenue designed in the early twentieth century where the famous Teatro Circo is located. The visit ends at the prestigious Astoria Café, one of the most beautiful and old of the city. Here we still can glimpse part of the old Wall.
After a half day strolling around Braga, relax and enjoy your journey back to Porto.
Inclusions for Braga Half-Day Tour From Porto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance in water power Funicular
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Braga Half-Day Tour From Porto
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.