Bran Castle And Rasnov Fortress Tour From Brasov With Optional Peles Castle Visit
Know More about this tourLeave central Braov by air-conditioned car or minivan and head south to the village of Rnov, nestled beneath the Bucegi Mountains in the Southern Carpathian range.
As you travel, hear historical tales about Rnov Fortress, the citadel built by Teutons in the 13th century to stave off Tartar invasion. Set on a wooded hill above Rnov, the chunky stone fortress is stacked with red-tiled turrets and buildings, making it look like a walled village.
After around 30 minutes on the road, head inside Rnov (own expense) with your guide. Walk around the courtyards and ramparts, and admire the sweeping views from the walls. See the fortress well as your guide explains the legend surrounding it, and hear how medieval villagers would live in the fortress as a refuge in times of war.
Opt to have lunch (own expense) in Rnov if you wish or continue straight to Bran Castle, the 14th-century Transylvanian fortress-palace linked to the legend of Count Dracula, the vampire of Bram Stokers 1897 novel.
Admire the high-turreted hilltop castle on approach and pay at the entrance (own expense) to go inside. Wander the eerie rooms filled with Gothic furniture and armoury as your guide unravels the castles links with Dracula, sparked by its association with Vlad the Impaler. This brutal 15th century nobleman was imprisoned in the castle in 1462 and known for impaling enemies on stakes.
Having investigated the Dracula legend, hop in your minivan or car, and return to Braov where your tour ends at the start point. Alternatively, opt to stay on in the countryside and extend your tour (own expense, paid on the day of your tour) by three or four hours to visit nearby Pele Castle.
If you continue, drive to the town of Siniai and visit 19th-century Pele Castle (own expense), considered one of Europes most beautiful. Ogle its grandiose rooms with a castle guide, and, then visit its impressive neighbour, Pelior Castle, before ending your tour back in Braov.
Inclusions for Bran Castle And Rasnov Fortress Tour From Brasov With Optional Peles Castle Visit
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
Exclusions for Bran Castle And Rasnov Fortress Tour From Brasov With Optional Peles Castle Visit
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to Bran Castle and Rnov Fortress
- 3-4-hour tour extension to Peles Castle (if option not selected)
- Entrance fee to Pele Castle and Pelisor Castle
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Sturdy hiking footwear recommended
Tour available with extension to Sinaia at a supplement
For your information, entrance prices detailed: entrance fee Bran Castle: LEI 35, around 7.5,entrance fee to Rasnov Fortress: LEI 17, around 3.5,entrance fee to Peles Castle: LEI 20 (the standard tour) around 4.5
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.