OverviewGet to know Braov Old Town on a 3-hour walking tour, with a guide. As you walk between the top Braov attractions, hear historical facts and stories about this lovely city and learn how it grew and fared in medieval times. Explore picturesque Piata Sfatului Square with its Council Hall and colorful houses; stroll down an intriguing alleyway, said to be the narrowest in Eastern Europe; and see the Black Church, St Nicholas Church and First Romanian School Museum, among other sights. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 10 for a more personalized experience.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourMeet your group in Braov Old Town for your 3-hour walking tour. Then, before setting out, get a rundown of Braovs history from your guide as a curtain raiser to your explorations. Hear about Brasovs ancient origins and role as an important market town in medieval Transylvania. Each sight on your tour has a tale behind it, so follow your guide around to unravel their secrets.
Admire Piata Sfatului, the pretty main square and once the hub of medieval city life. Take in the pink-and-peach-colored houses and admire the Council House (Casa Sfatului) at the center, with its Trumpeters Tower. View some of the towers that were part of Braovs medieval fortifications, and walk along cobbled Rope Street (Strada Sforii), a walkway that's said to be the narrowest lane in Eastern Europe. As you stroll, gaze up at the Hollywood-style Brasov sign perched in the hills above.
Visit the Black Church (Biserica Neagr), Braovs most celebrated landmark and one of Eastern Europes most iconic religious monuments. Hear how its name originates from a 17th-century fire that blackened its walls, and go inside (own expense) to admire its interior, with statues, artwork and a 4,000-pipe organ.
Continue to the chei district to see St Nicholas Church, a fairy tale Orthodox church that dates back to the 15th century. Gaze at the frescoes and icons inside, and then head to the neighboring First Romanian School Museum, home to Transylvanias first school.Pay the entrance fee and, accompanied by your guide, explore the old schoolroom with its original desks and collection of antique books.
Stroll through the city to learn a little more about its sights and history, and then end your tour at the start point.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Brasov Old Town Small-Group Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Brasov Old Town Small-Group Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Bucharest - Sighisoara - Brasov
- Bucharest-Transilvania-Danube Delta
- Family Day Trip In Romania
- Bran And Rasnov Castles Tour From Brasov
- 2-Day Adventure And Culture Hike In Brasov County
- Small-Group Castle, Canyon And Sparkling Wine Day Trip From Brasov
- 2-Night Dracula City Break From Bucharest
- One Day Tour Into Transylvania From Brasov
- Full-Day Transfagarasan Private Guided Tour From Brasov
- Private Guided Day Tour Of Harman And Prejmer Fortified Churches And Wailing Waterfall From Brasov