Breakfast In Sofia TourWrite a Review
From USD 37.76
OverviewExperience Bulgaria like a local on this tour of Sofia, which includes breakfast. Eat banitsa with ayryan for breakfast, taste delicious fresh fruits and finish the tour with the best baklava and boza in Sofia. See the main sites of Sofia, like Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Hagia Sofia Church, Sofia University, the Parliament, King Liberator statue, and Slaveikov square.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Breakfast included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near the Alexander Nevski Cathedral, one of the symbols of Sofia, and after a few words about this stunning church, continue on foot toward a typical Bulgarian snack bar.
During your short walk, stop to see the St. Sofia Church (Hagia Sofia). Built during the 6th century, this church resonates with the history of the Bulgarian capital and is steeped in energy and mystery.
Then, continueÂ past Sofia University, the Parliament building, and the statue of the King Liberator, all major landmarks and monuments to the cityâs history.
Next, stop to sampleÂ a classic Bulgarian breakfast. Enjoy a tasting of the traditional local morning meal of banitsa: a small and uniquely Bulgarian pastry prepared with filo, eggs, and cheese, and sometimes filled with meat or vegetables such as nettles. The final touch for your meal is a cup of ayryan â Bulgariaâs stapleÂ cold yogurt drink.
Afterward, continue your walk around the narrow streets of Sofiaâs Old Town, all of them testament to the cityâs many centuries of history.
Head to Graf Ignatiev Street, where a famous outdoor grocery market is located. Here, explore the stalls to buy some fresh fruits and vegetables and savor some baked nuts and delicious snacks, just as the locals do.
Then, set off behind your guide toward a well-known pastry shop where some of the best traditional Bulgarian desserts are prepared. On the way, cross Slaveikov Square, one of Sofiaâs most popular meeting points and home to the biggest open-air book store in Bulgaria.
On arrival at the pastry store, taste some Bulgarian baklava, an ultra-sweet and delicious filo pastry dessert filled with nuts. You may also try some tolumbichka (fried pastries soaked in honey syrup), cream cake, or other treats.
Pair your sweet goodiesÂ with a glass of boza, a unique Bulgarian fermented drink made from wheat.
Your tour then ends back at the original starting point.
Inclusions for Breakfast In Sofia Tour
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Breakfast In Sofia Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.