Brindisi - Gateway To The Orient
OverviewVisit the strategic city of Brindisi that used to serve as the gateway to Orient in the past. Visit its many attractions that include St. Benedict, the Norman temple of S. Giovanni al Sepolcro, the archeological site of San Pietro degli Schiavoni, Granafei Nervegna Palace, Duomo square, the terminal columns of the Appian Way, and, down the steps of Virgilio, to arrive at the promenade alongside the sea.
- Visit the attractions of Brindisi that include St. Benedict, the Norman temple of S. Giovanni al Sepolcro, the archeological site of San Pietro degli Schiavoni, Granafei Nervegna Palace, Duomo square, the terminal columns of the Appian Way.
Know More about this tour
This itinerary is the standard and shortest one but, depending on you interests, it can be extended with some more church in the city center (Santa Maria degli Angeli made by San Lorenzo da Brindisi, San Paolo, Santa Lucia, etc. ) or in the surroundings (Santa Maria del Casale with Romanesque-Gothic style). We can also visit a winery (to taste some of the most interesting Apulian wines: Negramaro, Primitivo, Susumaniello, Salento Rosato, Malvasia Bianca, etc. ), an olive oil mill, a masseria (typical farmouse), a century old olive grove, we can enjoy a cheese or a chocolate tasting, etc.
We can include Brindisi in a tour together with Lecce, Taranto, Ostuni, Mesagne, Oria, Francavilla Fontana, Carovigno, San Vito dei Normanni, the seaside natural park of Torre Guaceto, Manduria, Alberobello, etc.
I can also organize a boat trip and/or a fishing excursion.
Inclusions for Brindisi - Gateway To The Orient
- Guided visit (up to 3 hours) in English language
Exclusions for Brindisi - Gateway To The Orient
- Extra hours
- Meals, wine and typical product tastings
- Entrance ticket (if any) at the attractions
- Transfer: to visit the city center of Brindisi you don't need a car. It will be a walking tour. The old port where some cruise ships (the smallest ones) usually dock is right in the city center while the new one is in the industrial area.
If the transportation is needed I can arrange some transfer with:
a)private car (ford focus 5 doors) up to 3/4 adults + driver (me): to be quoted
b)chaffeur driven van for up to 7 people + driver + me: to be quoted
bike rental: to be quoted
boat trip and/or fishing excursion: to be quoted
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.