Brisbane HerStory Theatrical Walking Tour
OverviewA new theatrical tour experience has taken Brisbane's streets by storm! Watch for the woman in the purple velvet hat! You're not dreaming ... you're actually about to encounter none other than famous novelist Rosa Praed (1851-1935). Through the magic of theatre, one of Australia's most prolific writers (she published over 40 novels) is back in town and she's on a mission to raise awareness of Brisbane's HerStory.As Rosa offers deeper insights through the ages, an enriching perspective on the lifestyle and life choices of women in Brisbane emerges. Get to know your famous guide Rosa Praed, a woman well ahead of her time. She's a local (born and bred in the Brisbane region) who's returned with her quick wit and social commentary. From her perspective, strolling Brisbane's streets together on this 3 hour immersive tour, you will discover many of the extraordinary female characters who have contributed to our city's soul.
Know More about this tourRosa Praed (in character) will meet you at the Old School of Arts Building, 166 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD - look for the white picket fence.
This theatrically immersive walking tour will start promptly at 10am. You will then spend 3 hours together and learn the other half of the story: HerStory! Discover how challenges were faced and how innovation has been achieved by women across the spectrum ... marriage, science, politics, education, employment and careers, transport, religion, cultural awareness perspectives, the arts ... all will be revealed!
Rosa is not your standard tour guide - she's more like a performer utilising Brisbane as her stage. Please prepare to be immersed in this engaging theatrical experience from beginning to end.
There will be time to ask questions and really get to know this famous author from the mid 1800's as the time progresses. The tour will be conducted outdoors through Brisbane's streets, laneways and parklands and will conclude at 1pm outside Parliament House near George Street. Photos throughout the performance are most welcome. Participants are advised to please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen and a hat. Water bottle and umbrella recommended.
Inclusions for Brisbane HerStory Theatrical Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Brisbane HerStory Theatrical Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- The Tour is a continuous 3 hr experience. (2 x toilet stops will be scheduled).
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Ghost Tour of Toowong Cemetery
- South Brisbane Cemetery Ghost Tour
- Brisbane City Sights Walking Tour
- Southern Sessions Full Day Brewery Tour
- Western Explorer Full Day Brewery Tour
- Morning or Afternoon Brisbane Half-Day Brewery Tour
- 2 Day Self-Guided Noosa Everglades Kayak Tour
- Up The Creek Family Jetski Eco-Adventure