OverviewNo doubt youve heard Costa Rica makes excellent coffee. Learn the lifecycle of gourmet coffee on this half-day tour at Caf Britt, one of the countrys premier coffee plantations. Pick up the experts secrets on selecting, roasting and packaging only the finest-quality beans. Start and end the tour with samplings of different coffees, paired with chocolate. A delicious buffet lunch and hotel transport from San Jose are included. Youll go home knowing how to break the cup, a method used by specialists to assess and grade coffee.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter morning pickup from your San Jose hotel, travel north with your guide for about seven miles (12 km) toward Heredia, the smallest of Costa Rica’s provinces, dotted with charming towns, coffee plantations and dense vegetation. Head up winding roads to the tiny town of Barva de Heredia and arrive at Café Britt, one of the country’s most well-known coffee producers. Founded in 1985, Café Britt boasts itself as Costa Rica’s first gourmet coffee roaster.
Kick off your 1.5-hour tour of the sustainable coffee farm with tastings of two freshly produced coffees, along with bites of chocolate. At the nursery, watch a live presentation that traces the coffee beans’ growing cycle and selection process. Hear about how the country’s unique climate and diverse terrain provide ideal conditions for cultivating gourmet-quality beans.
At the roastery, get a behind-the-scenes look at Café Britt’s various roasting and packaging techniques that allow the beans to stay fresh as they’re delivered anywhere in the world. Learn about how experts ‘break the cup’ or ‘cup’ coffee to identify and grade the quality of coffee.
By now the heady aromas will surely have worked up your appetite; walk over to the on-site restaurant located amid lush gardens. With traditional music playing in the background, enjoy a buffet lunch made from locally sourced ingredients, including salad, several main course options (vegetarian dish available), dessert, fruit juices and water.
What better way to wrap up a meal at a coffee plantation than visiting its coffee bar? Sip a coffee beverage of your choice, paired with chocolate. Then, stroll through the factory store and pick up coffee to take home (shipping is available) before boarding your minivan that takes you back to San Jose.
Inclusions for Britt Coffee Tour And Chocolate Tasting From San Jose
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Coffee plantation tour
- Buffet lunch
- Coffee and chocolate samples
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Britt Coffee Tour And Chocolate Tasting From San Jose
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear long pants, comfortable shoes and bring a jacket and a camera
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.