Brooklyn Army Terminal Walking Tour
OverviewEscape from the hustle of Times Square to a stunning engineering marvel, the Brooklyn Army Terminal, on this guided, historic, 2-hour walking tour that explores the inside and outside of this massive industrial facility in South Brooklyn. Discover how millions of tons of war supplies and military personnel were shipped through this bustling transportation hub during World War II. Hear the stories of soldiers, longshoremen and merchant mariners who worked these piers, rail yards, and warehouses and learn how this complex is being put to use today as part of Brooklyns revitalized industrial waterfront.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourExplore the sights and stories of a century of work at the Brooklyn Army Terminal.
Meet the guide at the Terminal, located on Brooklyns waterfront and accessible by subway from Manhattan.
The Brooklyn Army Terminal was built to supply American forces on the Western Front during World War I. This complex served as a supply base for the American military up until the Vietnam War.
Today, the Brooklyn Army Terminal is a large complex of warehouses, offices, piers, docks, cranes, rail sidings and cargo-loading equipment on 95 acres of land between 58th and 63rd streets in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. It is a thriving industrial park that is home to over 100 companies in a wide variety of industries, from precision manufacturers to biotech researchers, online retailers and chocolatiers.
Begin this 2-hour walking tour with a visit inside the Brooklyn Army Terminals architectural gem the stunning atrium of Building B, where freight trains once rumbled through to be loaded from the balconies. Also, enjoy sweeping views of New York Harbor and visit the unrestored, 600,000-square-foot space of Building A. These two warehouses were the largest concrete buildings in the world when they were constructed in 1919.
Along the way, explore how millions of tons of war supplies and personnel were shipped through this busy transportation hub. Hear the stories of soldiers, longshoremen and merchant mariners who worked these piers, rail yards and warehouses. Also, find out what made the Port of New York the envy of the world in the mid-20th century, why it went into decline, and how Brooklyns entire working waterfront is being revitalized today.
Inclusions for Brooklyn Army Terminal Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Brooklyn Army Terminal Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.