OverviewSee a unique part of New York City and learn something new about US history on this guided tour of Brooklyn Navy Yard, located on the boroughs historic waterfront. Gain unique insight into New Yorks interesting naval legacy as you witness the yards dramatic transformation from the Revolutionary War to today. Your knowledgeable guide will lead you through one of the country's former leading naval shipbuilding facilities, and explain how it has become a national leader for sustainable urban industrial parks. This is a great tour for history buffs and people interested in 'green' industry and manufacturing!
Know More about this tourMeet at the Brooklyn Navy Yard Center and hop on a bus to begin your tour of this massive 300-acre (121-hectare) historical site. You and your knowledgeable guide will stop and explore several locations by foot for a closer look at New York’s interesting naval history.
Visit some of the yard’s most intriguing places, like the 19th-century navy hospital and surgeon's house and the oldest dry dock in the US, which is still used for ship repair today.
For more than 150 years, this yard created America's most famous fighting ships, from the USS Maine to the USS Missouri. Hear how it has transformed from one of the nation's top naval shipbuilding facilities into a national leader for sustainable urban industrial parks. It now houses the nation's first multi-story ‘green’ industrial building, featuring wind turbines and wind- and solar-powered street lamps.
To enhance your experience, see historical photographs and listen to audio clips of WW2-era workers, manufacturers and farmers.
You’ll also learn how today the manufacturing facilities are used by hundreds of companies and generate a wide range of products ranging from modular housing units to military body armor, Sweet n' Low, whiskey and movie set designs!
Inclusions for Brooklyn Navy Yard Tour
- 2-hour tour
Exclusions for Brooklyn Navy Yard Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
While infants under 2 years of age do not require tickets, they must be tied to the body (via a wrapping cloth, Baby Bjorn, etc.) of the accompanying adult while on the bus to ensure the child’s safety
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.