Bruny Island 6-Course Gourmet Day Trip From Hobart
OverviewEnjoy the bounty of Bruny Island on a full-day gourmet food tour that introduces you to six local producers. You’ll enjoy six courses that include premium cheeses, oysters, berries (in season), wine, whiskey and chocolates, along with a lovely winery lunch. Have time to appreciate the island’s stunning scenery during stops at historic Two Tree Point in Adventure Bay, the Bruny Island Neck, white-sand beaches and privately owned reserves home to rare white wallabies. You can expect enough food and drink to satisfy a hearty appetite on this all-inclusive tour from Hobart.
- All-inclusive tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Hobart by air-conditioned 18-passenger bus, head to Kettering for the 15-minute ferry crossing to Bruny Island. Listen to your guide, a knowledgeable local who is highly trained in the island's wildlife, vegetation and other characteristics, tell you about what to expect during your culinary adventure.
Upon arrival, your tour starts with a short drive to your first destination, Bruny Island Cheese Company. Sit down as a group and enjoy a private meet-and-greet with the head cheese maker to learn how they craft their artisan cheeses from sustainably farmed cow's and goat's milk. See the cheese maturing room, share platters of cheeses and taste hand-crafted ale.
Next up, visit Get Shucked Oysters and enjoy half a dozen oysters per person, freshly shucked by your server, who shares with you the harvesting story. Feel free to snap photos from your vantage point overlooking the waters where the oysters are farmed. Then continue to Bruny Island Berry Farm for a stroll through the berry fields, pluck sweet, juicy berries straight from the patch (in season) and enjoy a berry inspired morning tea and hot tea or coffee.
Refreshed and relaxed, work off some of your food by taking a short walk along a spectacular white-sand beach, and stop at Two Tree Point, the heritage-listed site where Captain Cook replenished water supplies for his ship Endeavor. Nearby, enter an ancient reserve, and look for rare white wallabies, who have few predators on the island and have increased their numbers. You may also spot echidnas and some of the 12 species of endemic birds.
Hop back on your bus to visit Bruny Island Premium Wines for lunch accompanied by a wine of your choice. See the vineyards, sip the fruits of the vine and feast on a seasonal meal that features local products. Be sure to save room for handmade chocolate treats at your next destination, Bruny Island Chocolate Company. Walk through the lovely gardens and snap a photo of the ocean outlook that surrounds the boutique chocolate shop. More sweet treats to come at Bruny Island Honey. Sample a variety of locally harvested Honey. Meet the bee keepers and learn the harvesting process.
Stop at the Neck, a strip of land connecting the islands northern and southern sections. Here you can along the deserted beach, dip your feet in the water, see the Truganini Memorial and enjoy sweeping views from the lookout.Concludeyour food journey with a glass of award-winning Tasmanian whiskey from the Bruny Island House of Whisky. See their great wall of whiskies for yourself, a highlight for the whisky enthusiast!
Inclusions for Bruny Island 6-Course Gourmet Day Trip From Hobart
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Round-trip ferry
- Honey Tasting
- All food and drinks as mentioned
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Select hotels only pick up can be confirmed with the operator prior to travel)
Exclusions for Bruny Island 6-Course Gourmet Day Trip From Hobart
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Please advise of pick up location should you require this. Please note, an alternative location to your hotel may be provided to you due to restricted access to some hotels
There are no minimum numbers required for this tour to operate
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mount Wellington Descent Cycling Tour departs Hobart
- Day Trip to Tasman Peninsula and Port Arthur Historic Site from Hobart
- Port Arthur, Richmond and Tasman Peninsula Day Trip from Hobart
- Hobart Sightseeing Cruise including Iron Pot Lighthouse
- Private Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and Richmond Day Trip from Hobart
- Private Whisky Distilleries Day Trip from Hobart