This is not the Brussels you see on postcards. Forget about chocolate, beer and the European Union, and join us to discover a city where street art represents the voice of the people, and where locals battle against gentrification.
We'll take you through the lively Marolles area, into the LGBT district, and across one of the biggest pedestrian zones in Europe to give you a taste of what makes Brussels truly unique. Experience giant murals dedicated to comic books, and street art remembering terror attacks, all while learning about riots, EU demonstrations, and the reality of Belgium's recent "NO" policy on cannabis.
This is the true, hidden Brussels; don't leave town before discovering it with an expert local guide.
On this 2.5-hour walking tour we cover:
- Gentrification and the Marolles area
- The LGBT district
- Locals' artistic remembrance of terror attacks
- Street art and murals
- The famous comic book route
- Europe's second largest pedestrian zone
- Belgiums "NO" cannabis policy and reality
- Riots and EU demonstrations