WHAT YOU'LL DO
Join a like-minded local to discover the most festive parts of the city, strolling through the beautiful streets while theyre draped with magical Christmas lights and see UNESCO-listed monuments and buildings lit up by fabulous light displays. Your host will show you where the best Christmas lights in the city are, and share festive traditions with you so you can discover what Christmas is really like for the locals. Visit the impressive Winter Wonderland Festival and stroll between the chalet stalls, indulging in festive treats and warming up with a mulled wine or hot chocolate as you take in all the magic of this annual Christmas extravaganza! Visit a smaller, traditional Christmas market where you can sample artisan chocolate and buy unique, handmade gifts and decorations to take home for your own tree. Watch the locals gliding over an ice-rink, or get involved in the local traditions and have a go yourself, getting into the festive spirit!
- Join a local to explore Brussels at its most magical, seeing the famous UNESCO monuments lit up for Christmas
- See magical light displays and wander through the city to soak up the festive atmosphere
- Browse traditional chalet-style markets and pick up gifts, decorations and artisan chocolate
- Visit the famous Winter Wonderland Festival and enjoy the festivities with a mulled wine or hot chocolate
- Indulge in traditional festive foods recommended by your local and sweet treats like Belgium waffles
- Get tips and tricks from your local about other Christmas things to do during your trip
HOW IT WORKS
At CityUnscripted we connect curious travellers to Locals who are interesting and sociable people, who know the city well and who love to share their favourite places. They are not tour guides by profession. What we try to recreate is the feeling of having a friend in every city you visit; someone who can show you the places youll fall in love with and help you to connect with the most authentic soul of a place.
Book this meet-upand the CityUnscripted team will contact you within 24 hours and ask you questions about your preferences and interests, so they can match you with the right profile and assign a like-mindedBrussels Local.
Keeping in mind your personal answers, your local host will put together a bespoke itinerary just for you. Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. Your host will arrange the most convenient meeting place for you.If you feel like changing direction during the meet-up, or if your local hostbelieves that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, he/she will suggest and discuss with you changes to the itinerary.