Bucharest Private Wine Tasting Tour Of Dealu Mare's Old Wine Road And Famous Wineries
OverviewFollow Romanias ancient wine road, reopened after a century of decay: quality wines, traditional lunch, old cellars & manors, endless vineyards or medieval monasteries.Enjoy an epic day-trip from Bucharest, following the ancient wine road built by the Romans 2000 years ago. Reopened to public after almost a century of hibernation, the road displays beautifully restored manors, cellars and old monasteries. Along the way, well visit two wine museums, stop for lunch in a traditional manor and enjoy wine tasting sessions at two prestigious wineries, surrounded by the endless vineyards of Dealu Mare Romanias most famous wine region.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Romania, a country with a long standing tradition in winemaking, is the worlds 13th wine producer, despite losing half of its farmable lands and despite suffering a loss of prestige several decades ago, when communists favoured mass production over quality. Nowadays, the country has gone through a process of mass restoration, aiming to retake its rightful place among the Top 10 wine producers.
Crama 1777 (wine museum)
Well pick you up from your hotel in Bucharest and drive (1hour) towards Dealu Mare Romanias most famous wine region. As soon as we enter the old Wine Road, well stop to visit Crama 1777 - a wine museum and one of the oldest wooden structures in the area. Built in 1777, the former winery is a monument of medieval folk art where you can admire archaic wine making tools, very old barrels and large ceramics used for storing wine and liquor.
Bellu Manor (wine museum)
Next, well visit the beautifully restored Bellu Manor a marvel of old Romanian architecture. Built by Baron Alexandru Bellu in the 19th century, the manor is not just a great art collection, but also an important wine museum. With a great passion for wine and even owning a sparkling wine factory, the baron stored precious tools in the manors great cellar: the oldest wine press in Wallachia, enormous barrels and extremely old wine making tools going back to the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD.
Casa Colinelor (wine tasting)
After learning about the long history of winemaking in Romania, its time for some actual wine tasting at Casa Colinelor (Hill House). Well admire the beautiful vineyards surrounding the house, visit the cellars & winery and taste 5 types of Romanian wines from 1000 Chipuri (1000 Faces) producer. Lunch can be served here or at the next stop.
Lacerta Winery (wine tasting)Same as Bordeaux and Toscana, Lacertas vine estate stretches along the 45th parallel and thus has the ideal climate for producing wines with a rich, complex and silken taste. Lacerta is one of the most modern wineries in Romania, with production techniques based on gravitational principles meant to limit the usage of pumps. Youll be able to taste high quality Romanian wines in a fairy tale location, surrounded by the endless vineyards covering the hills of Dealu Mare, at one of the most beautiful wineries in the country.
Inclusions for Bucharest Private Wine Tasting Tour Of Dealu Mare's Old Wine Road And Famous Wineries
- Private licensed tour guide & transport
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine tasting sessions at Lacerta Winery and at Casa Colinelor
- Guided tour at Crama 1777 and Bellu Manor (wine museums)
- All entrance fees included
Exclusions for Bucharest Private Wine Tasting Tour Of Dealu Mare's Old Wine Road And Famous Wineries
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Castles of Transylvania - Private Day Trip from Bucharest
- A day at the Black Sea
- 7-day adventure tour in Romania
- Transfagarasan Roadtrip
- Bulgaria Seaside 2 days Tour
- Peles and Dracula Castles PLUS Brasov City Private Tour
- Danube Delta Wonders 2 days Tour
- Most Famous Castles and Scenic Road Tour from Bucharest