Hit the historical side of Budapest during this walking tour on the Castle Hill. Peek into the city’s oldest confectionery shop, hear stories and tales of the area’s past, and enjoy a few surprises along the way!
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourGet to know the real Hungary with this historical Budapest tour. You will begin with a short minibus ride to reach the entrance gate of the Castle District, where you’ll set off on your Budapest adventure.
Pass by historical buildings that seem to be silent and sleepy, but just wait until your guide tells you stories from behind the walls! Enjoy the small architectural details prevalent in the Castle District and hear tales of former inhabitants and owners of the houses.
Next up on your Budapest tour, you’ll pass by the oldest confectionery shop of the city and visit the first private art gallery of Hungary.
After taking a walk around the Royal Palace and admiring the breath-taking view from the hilltop, we’ll walk back to the residential part of the Castle District. Here, we have time for a surprising discovery in the Hotel Hilton before our Budapest tour comes to an end at Matthias Church, one of the most beautiful buildings in the city.
At the end of your tour your guide will give you some local tips on where to go to enjoy a glass of wine or lunch in the district.
Inclusions for Buda Castle Explorer With An Entrance Ticket To Matthias Church From Budapest
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transportation as indicated
- Entrance ticket to Matthias Church,
- A small sample of local food specialities
Exclusions for Buda Castle Explorer With An Entrance Ticket To Matthias Church From Budapest
- Items of a personal nature
- Food, drinks
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress standard: Standard dress, comfortable walking shoes
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page
This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.