Budapest All In One Walking Tour
OverviewGet your bearings and see the sights on a 3-hour small-group walking tour of Budapest. Escorted by an expert English-speaking guide, you'll see all the highlights including numerous UNESCO World heritage sites such as Heroes' Square and The Buda Castle, plus unexpected gems on this fascinating walking tour of magical Budapest. You'll also enjoy a break with two traditional Hungarian pastries and a hot drink. Numbers are limited to 15 people on this small-group walking tour of Budapest, ensuring you'll receive personalised attention from your guide.The most recommended tour in Budapest! Complete overview of history, Buda Castle, Inner Pest sights, Heroes' Sq, City Park & all the major sights.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Our walking tour begins at the Opera House and then a short ride on the Millennium metro out to the Heroes' Sq and City Park. There youll have a great introduction to the rich Hungarian history and culture through the chronological line of kings. Then we walk through the City Park to visit the Vajdahunyad Castle (outside only), a complex built for the world fair in 1896 displaying typical architecture found throughout Hungary.
Next, a stop off at Szchenyi bath house (with a peek inside when open) to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. Next we take the Millennium metro back towards the city center and stop off at the end of Andrassy Blvd. where youll hear about the significance the street brought to culture and nobility.
After our city park visit we head over to the St. Stephens Basilica (outside only) before we take a break in a caf for a taste of Hungarys famous pastry called retes which is a traditional type of strudel. Here guests will each get two homemade pastries and a coffee or soft drink (included in the tour). After our refreshment break we head down to the riverside to see the famous blue Danube. Here we will take in the spectacular view of Gellert Hill and the Citadel, Buda Hills and the Royal Palace as we cross the river via Budapests Chain Bridge.
For the final leg of the tour we climb the steps up into the Buda Castle District and then wander through the old cobble stone streets and alleys to our finishing point in front of the Matthias Church and Fishermans Bastion. At the conclusion of the tour the guide will help with ideas, directions and more!
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide plus hit them up for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
Important notice: We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
Inclusions for Budapest All In One Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- English speaking guide
- Coffee or soft drink with 2 homemade pastries
- Public transport tickets during the tour
- Many stops for photos and questions
Exclusions for Budapest All In One Walking Tour
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and beverages except where noted
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
Tour operates in all weather conditions
Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
Supplier is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Etyek Wine Country Tour with Dinner from Budapest
- Hungarian Wine Tasting with Cheese and Charcuterie in Budapest
- Gastroboat Pannonia - Hungarian gourmet dinner and cruising
- Budapest Craft Beer Tour by Local Home Brewers
- Neonis - 3D Blacklight Minigolf
- Round-Trip Cruise from Budapest to Szentendre
- Budapest Art Walk
- Jewish Cooking Class in Budapest