Join a like-minded, food loving local and discover Hungarian cuisine as you eat your way around Budapest, sampling the fresh produce, regional ingredients, classic street food and traditional dishes that the city is renowned for. Start your food pilgrimage with a savoury treat of pogcsa, a classic type of bread - choose whether youd like it topped with meat, cheese or pumpkin seeds - all delicious! Explore a market that most tourists dont visit, Szna tr market, where you can taste some of the best regional cheeses, cured meats and pickled vegetables, as well as learning about ingredients like paprika, the recipes and traditional dishes that are the basis of Hungarian cuisine. Before leaving the market, try some of the local favourite street food - lngos, a deep fried bread dough topped with sour cream and cheese, and learn how to eat it like a local! Add a glass of wine from one of Hungarys hilly regions or a craft beer and its a food match made in heaven. Now its time to switch to sweet treats! Budapest is full of elegant bakeries of the Viennese tradition, so stroll through the city and see the elaborate displays of cakes and patisserie, and stop to try check dobostorta, Eszterhazy cake, or pick up the street food classic of krtskalcs, a sweet golden brown, spiral shaped pastry. Finally, walk off all this delicious food and head to the vibrant Jewish Quarter, where youll visit an authentic Hungarian restaurant, and try the nations classic dish of goulash, and learn the history behind it from your local.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Time :
Your meeting time is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host.
Departure Details :
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the s.. read more
OverviewWith influences from the Middle East and the Balkans, and unique ingredients only available here thanks to Hungarys special climate, Budapest is certainly a paradise destination for food and wine loving travellers! Discover Hungarian cuisine with a local who is passionate about sharing their food culture with you, and get an authentic taste of the local classics, from sampling fresh produce in the markets right through to enjoying the finished dishes that are classics of the city. Matched with delicious wines and craft beers, eating your way around Budapest is sure to be a delicious experience! Learn about the citys food culture, the dishes that have been loved by locals for generations and taste a little bit of everything, from street food classics to traditional restaurant staples.
- Private and personalised experience
- 4 hours with a Local Host
- 6 - 8 dishes and a glass of wine, craft beer or soft drink
- Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Additional Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Well be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Etyek Wine Country Tour with Dinner from Budapest
- Hungarian Wine Tasting with Cheese and Charcuterie in Budapest
- Zwack Unicum Museum Entrance Ticket with pick up
- Private Budapest walking tour - 4 hours
- Cheap Shuttle Airport Transfer Budapest to Hotel
- Buda Castle Sightseeing tour with Segway style
- Private Stag and Hen Nightlife Tour
- Small-Group Budapest Cave Walk