Budapest Folklore Show And Danube Dinner Cruise
OverviewYour best evening in Budapest will be spent on this combination folklore show and Danube dinner cruise tour! First experience an authentic piece of Hungarian culture at a folklore performance at Danube Palace (Duna Palota) or Budai Vigado (Hungarian Heritage House), where you’ll enjoy 1.5 hours of music and dancing by one of the best professional folk ensembles in Hungary. Then take a Danube River cruise, on which you’ll sip wine and enjoy a late Hungarian buffet dinner while admiring nighttime views of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Budapest panorama, which includes the Buda Castle Quarter.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Choice of seating available
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Buffet dinner included
Know More about this tourBegin your evening in Budapest at either the Danube Palace (Duna Palota), a neo-Baroque building from the 1890s, or the 19th Century Budai Vigado (Hungarian Heritage House) where youll be ushered to your seat for the folk show. Sit back and relax as one of two folk groups either the Danube Folk Ensemble or the Hungaria Folk Ensemble and Orchestra take the stage.
No matter which group is scheduled to perform on your night, you can be sure youll be entertained by some of the best folk performers in Hungary both groups were founded in the 1950s and have shown off their talents around Hungary and abroad! The 30 artists in each ensemble perform choreography based on authentic dances, some of which date back to isolated villages from hundreds of years ago.
As you watch and listen, gain an entertaining understanding of Hungarys heritage through the music, dancing and costumes of the folk show. The show consists of two 40- to 45-minute sections with a brief intermission of ten to fifteen minutes.
When the performance is over, a host will show you to the pier on the Danube for your late night dinner cruise. On board the boat, enjoy a relaxing candlelit atmosphere as you sip a glass of Sparkling wine, wine or beer and a hot buffet dinner of Hungarian and international dishes, presented with a creative touch by an award-winning food sculptor.
During the 1.5-hour cruise along the Danube, admire the twinkling nighttime views of Budapests famous UNESCO World Heritage-listed urban panorama, a series of sites that illustrate the citys fascinating history and culture. Pass the Buda Castle Quarter, the Chain Bridge (Clark dm Square), the Gellrt Baths and Mt Gellrt with its Freedom Monument.
After dinner, head out to the open upper deck of the boat to enjoy more riverside views before returning to the departure point.
Inclusions for Budapest Folklore Show And Danube Dinner Cruise
- Professional host/hostess
- Ticket to folklore show
- Seating in your chosen category
- 1.5-hour river cruise on the Danube
- 3-course hot buffet dinner with 1 glass of Sparkling wine, 1 glass of wine and 1 bottle of mineral water (if dinner cruise option selected)
- 2 drinks (1 glass of Sparkling wine, 1 glass of wine, beer or juice on board if drink cruise option selected)
- Hotel pick up & drop off
Exclusions for Budapest Folklore Show And Danube Dinner Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off :Category A Seating with pick up:72 EUR supplement and Category B Seating with pick up:59 EUR
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves cream
Alöfld-style goulash with noodles
Vegetable soup with tarragon and noodles
Hot Main Courses
Mini stuffed cabbage
Meatballs in tomato sauce
Turkey cutlets with vegetables in parsley sauce
Csongrád-style pork slices in garlic sauce
Steamed jasmine rice with corn
Grilled polenta with feta cheese
Corn salad in dill and yogurt dressing
Vinegary potato salad
Cucumber salad with sour cream dressing
Somló-style sponge cake pudding
Mini tiramisu cup
Blueberry fruit cream with chocolate sponge cake
1 glass of Sparkling wine
1 glass of wine, beer or juice
1 bottle of mineral water
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible. Please advise at time of booking if you require wheelchair assistance; the local tour operator will arrange a taxi service for you at Danube Palace
Please reconfirm to the supplier the hotel pick up name
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Royal Sissi Tour to the Residence of Queen Elisabeth from Budapest
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Arrival Transfer
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Departure Transfer
- Full-Day Private Tour around Lake Balaton from Budapest by Car with lunch
- Budapest Transfer: Hotels to Budapest Airport
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Budapest Keleti Railway Station to Budapest Hotels
- Budapest Shared Transfer: Budapest Pier to Hotels
- Ruinpubs and Alternative Cultural Spots on a 3 Hours Budapest Walking Tour