OverviewDiscover Hungarys famously hearty cuisine on a 3-hour food tour of Budapest! Led by a food-loving local guide, the tour includes several samples of the capitals tastiest treats like locally cured salami, freshwater fish and award-winning chocolate. Learn about Hungarys meat-heavy reputation while browsing the wares at Budapest Central Market Hall; enjoy a bowl of Hungarian goulash (meat stew with paprika); and see top city sights like the Great Synagogue and Andrssy Avenue.
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Budapest’s Central Market Hall – a legendary landmark that’s more than 100 years old. Loved by locals and visitors alike, the hall is an institution in Budapest, selling specialty produce from all over Hungary. Browse the stalls, sample slices of locally cured salami and sausage, and learn about Budapest’s ever-intriguing food scene.
While still using enough meat to make vegetarians weep, Hungarian cuisine – in Budapest at least – has more to it than meets the eye. Seasonal vegetables play a starring role in many of the capital’s kitchens, and classic dishes like palatschinke (stuffed pancakes) are often filled with ripe cheeses or sauerkraut. Embrace the local love for freshwater fish by sampling specialties in a side-walk café, and then try chocolates from an award-winning chocolate factory in Central Pest.
Wash down the tasty treats with a Hungarian spritzer in a retro café while discussing the different drinks that feature in many Budapest bars. Work off the food with a walk to the city’s historical Jewish quarter (often called Elizabeth Town or district VII) and then stop for photos next to the Great Synagogue, an impressive place of worship tucked away between the neighborhood’s kosher bakeries and cake shops. Sample some of the local Jewish fare and then stroll back toward the center of town.
Cross Andrássy Avenue, an elegant UNESCO World Heritage-listed street, and then finish in an authentic restaurant near St Stephen Cathedral, enjoying your tour’s pièce de résistance: a bowl of hearty Hungarian goulash and dumplings.
Inclusions for Budapest Food Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Food samples
- 1 spritzer (or soft drink) and water
Exclusions for Budapest Food Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please make sure you are wearing comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Budapest Sightseeing Tour With Parliament House Visit
- Budapest Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Budapest Folklore Show And Danube Dinner Cruise
- Budapest St Stephen's Basilica Organ Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Danube Bend Day Trip From Budapest
- Private Entrance To Széchenyi Spa In Budapest With Optional Massage
- Etyek Wine Country Tour With Dinner From Budapest
- Budapest Late Night Dinner Cruise On The Danube
- Hungarian Wine Tasting With Cheese And Charcuterie In Budapest
- Gellert Spa Entrance Ticket