Budapest Jewish Heritage Walking Tour
OverviewDive into Budapests fascinating Jewish history, culture and heritage on a walking tour led by a local guide. With one of the largest Jewish communities in Middle and Eastern Europe, Budapest is full of historic Jewish quarters, memorials and synagogues, each with their own unique story and significance. Visit the Jewish Museum, DohÃ¡ny Street Synagogue, Raul Wallenberg Holocaust Memorial Park, the old Jewish quarter, Kazinczy Street Synagogue and more while learning about Hungary's complicated Jewish history over the centuries. A choice of times and durations are available when booking.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Small-group tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Dek Ferenc square, at the Dohny street Synagogue at your chosen start time. On your walking tour, listen to your expert local guide and hear about Hungary's immense and complicated Jewish history, from the tragic events of World War I and World War II to the important role that Jewish religion and culture play in today's society.
Essential Tour: (between 2 and 2.5 hours)Ideal for those with a shorter amount of time, the Essential Tour hits all the must-see sites. Be wowed as you enter Dohny Street Synagogue, the largest in Europe, and then take a tour of the Jewish Museum to see an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe.
Spend time in Raoul Wallenberg Holocaust Memorial Park, seeing the graves of thousands of Hungarian Jews killed in WWII. Pass by the Heroes Temple, built in memory of those who gave their lives during WWI, and wander through the eye-opening Jewish quarter, which served as a ghetto in WWII.
Grand Tour: (between 3.5 and 4 hours) Get a full overview of Hungarys Jewish past and present on the Grand Tour. Start with the above Essential Tour itinerary and then continue to the Jewish quarter, home to many synagogues, monuments, and kosher restaurants and shops.
View the exterior of Rumbach Street Synagogue, see Carl Lutz Memorial Park and view the famous Gozsdu Courtyard. A highlight of this tour is Kazinczy Street Synagogue, the center of the orthodox Jewish community in Budapest.
At the end of your tour, enjoy some cake at Frohlich Bakery and Cafe, a local kosher bakery. Or, simply say your goodbyes to your guide and group and receive a 10% discount card to be used later at Carmel, a local kosher restaurant.
Inclusions for Budapest Jewish Heritage Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to Jewish Museum, Dohny Street Synagoge, Raul Wallenberg Holocaust Memorial Park
- Entrance fee to Kazincky Synagogue (Grand Tour only)
- Cake at Froehlich bakery or 10% discount card (Grand Tour only)
Exclusions for Budapest Jewish Heritage Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.