OverviewPub crawling is easy enough in Budapest but our pub tour is to provide an informative and entertaining introduction to the ruin pubs and street art of the Jewish District. Learn in a cool and friendly way about Budapest and feel like an insider after the tour.
This pub tour is a laid back night walk in the Jewish Quarter with conversations over a few drinks.
"Infotainment" is guaranteed, hangover is optional.
- Free drinks included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourWe'll begin the tour by discussing the neighborhood itself where before the WWII around 250.000 Jews lived worked and worshiped. This neighborhood was left to decay after World War II so it was a perfect place to develop an underground bar scene with ruin bars, design studios and galleries.
Following this we will discover the streets from galleries to ruin pubs that have been around for 15 years. These bars are built in the ruins (hence the name) of abandoned buildings, stores, or lots. We’ll introduce those few principles they all follow and give you tips
This pub tour will take you to four ruin pubs in the historic Jewish Quarter, giving you a variety of different atmospheres to enjoy. Locations can vary each night depending on opening hours, and group sizes.
After some introduction you will take a stroll through Gozsdu Passage. A nightlife buzz every evening. This area is full of locals and tourists alike. Colored and white fairy lights everywhere added to the atmosphere.
After you have sampled your welcome drink, you will pass the "Bermuda Triangle" (there are 3 very ‘dangerous’ places to lose mind & sobriety) and continue your walk to further ruin pubs of the neighborhood.
Your tour guide will continue giving you history and information on the pubs and pub culture and will offer suggestions of what you may want to try at each pub.
Inclusions for Budapest Local Pubs Tour
- Professional local tour guide
- 3 welcome shots for each
- Guided tour to bars
- Local taxes
- Complimentary map with directions to help you go home
Exclusions for Budapest Local Pubs Tour
- Food and further drinks - optional
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Photo ID required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.