Budapest St Stephen's Basilica Organ Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
OverviewAttend an organ concert at St Stephen’s Basilica, famous throughout Hungary for its remarkable musical performances. Inside the beautiful Neoclassical church with excellent acoustics, enjoy an evening of classical music by masters such as Bach and Vivaldi, played by some of Hungary’s most esteemed musicians. Upgrade to include a late-night dinner cruise, and enjoy a buffet meal with Champagne and a drink as you cruise along the Danube River, soaking up UNESCO World Heritage-listed sights such as the Buda Castle Quarter.
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourYour evening concert takes place at St Stephens Basilica, one of the most beautiful neoclassical buildings in Budapest and perhaps the most important church in Hungary.
Adapted by Miklos Teleki, one of Hungarys most famous organ artists, the concert includes several arias performed by esteemed musicians such as Kolos Kovts, an award-winning oratorio singer, and Eleonra Krusic, known for her European performances. Settle into your Category 1 (front-row) or Category 2 (middle-row) seat and enjoy the 70-minute performance (no intermission). You'll be wowed by the excellent acoustics of the church as you listen to some of history's most famous classical pieces such as Ave Maria and Agnus Dei (see sample concert below in the Itinerary section).
Concert plus Dinner:
Whether you fancy a late dinner or a scenic setting for after-dinner drinks, a Danube River cruise is a great ending to your night in Budapest. Following the concert, travel by taxi to Budai Vigad to board a boat for your 1.5-hour late dinner cruise. Enjoy the candlelit atmosphere as you sip a glass of Sparkling wine, followed by wine or beer, and enjoy a buffet dinner that's presented with a creative touch by an award-winning food sculptor (see sample menu in the Itinerary below).
After dinner, head to the open upper deck. The star of your cruise is Budapest's UNESCO World Heritage-listed urban panorama, a series of sites that illustrate the citys history. Pass the Buda Castle Quarter, the Chain Bridge (Clark dm Square), the Gellrt Baths and Mt Gellrt with its Freedom Monument. Finish back at Budai Vigad.
Inclusions for Budapest St Stephen's Basilica Organ Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Organ concert
- 5-hour dinner cruise (if dinner option selected)
- 1 glass of Sparkling wine (if dinner option selected)
- 1 glass of beer, wine or soda (if dinner option selected)
- Water (if dinner option selected)
Exclusions for Budapest St Stephen's Basilica Organ Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off:Concert Plus Dinner (Cat1) with pick up:80 EUR andConcert Only (Cat 1) with pick up:40 EUR, Concert + Drink + P/up (Cat 1)56 EUR
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791): Fantasy in F minor K 608
- Antonio Vivaldi: 4 Seasons - Winter (Largo)
- Alessandro Stradella (1639-1682): Pieta Signore
- Tommaso Albinoni (1671-1751): Adagio
- Ferenc Liszt (1811-1886): Choral
- Franz Schubert (1797-1828): Ave Maria
- Robert Schumann (1810-1856): Fugue on the Theme B-A-C-H
- Georges Bizet (1838-1875): Agnus Dei
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Badinerie from suite in B minor
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565
- Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves (traditional creamy bacon sauce)
- Alföld-style goulash with noodles (slow-boiled beef and vegetable soup)
- Vegetable soup with tarragon and noodles
- Mini stuffed cabbage
- Roasted chicken breast with basil and cheese sauce
- Spicy pork slices rib with thyme and mustard sauce
- Traditional Chicken with paprika
- Roasted sea fish served with Chardonnay sauce
- Grilled polenta with feta cheese
- Homemade spinach dumplings served with mustard and mushroom sauce
- Fresh seasonal salads with dressings
- Italian pasta salad
- Caesar’s salad
- Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
- Hash-brown or roasted potatoes
- Grilled vegetables
- Steamed Jasmin rice with corn
- Home-made strudel
- Somló sponge cake (layers of sponge and cream)
- Mini tarts
- Dessert variations Európa style
- Season fruit basket
- 1 glass of Sparkling wine
- 1 glass of wine, beer, juice or soft drink and 1 bottle of mineral water
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible. Please advise at time of booking if you require wheelchair assistance
Please reconfirm to the supplier the hotel pick up name
Please make sure to include the address of your hotel/accommodation and your phone number during the reservation process, for your driver to be able to reach you. Please also include the country calling code in your phone number.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.