Budapest Super Saver: Budapest Walking Tour Plus Small-Group History Tour
OverviewCombine two popular tours and save money withthis 6-hour Budapest Super Saver. Tick off top Budapest attractions such as the UNESCO-listed Heroes Square, the Danube Promenade, and Buda Castle on a city walking tour, and then discover Budapests communist past on a historical tour featuring Liberty Square and the Parliament Building. This small-group tour is limited to 15 travellers to ensure an intimate experience.
Know More about this tour
Budapest City Walking Tour (3 Hours)
Beginning at the Hungarian State Opera House, youll hop on the metro for a quick ride out to City Park and Heroes Square. There youll see the impressive statues of Hungarys most important national leaders.
Walk through the park to Vajdahunyad Castle, constructed in 1896 as part of the Millennial Exhibition, which celebrated 1,000 years since the Hungarian Conquest of the Carpathian Basin. You'll also see thepopular Szechenyi Spa, Europes largest thermal bath, before taking the metro back into the city center.
From there, youll encounter the neoclassical structure of St. Stephens Basilica, one of the two tallest buildings in Budapest. Afterward, take a load off your feet in a Hungarian cafe, where you can relax with a hot drink and two delicious pastries included in the price of your ticket. Then, continue along the cobblestone streets towards Ferenciek Square and Vaci Street, a strip well-known for its trinket shops.
Youll then walk along the Danube Promenade, taking in the panorama of Gellert Hill and the Citadel, while snapping a photo of the Chain Bridge. Conclude your tour in the Buda Castle District, where you can take the last of your photos from the stunning lookout at Fisherman's Bastion.
Budapest History Walking Tour (3 Hours)
Your 3-hour walking tour begins at the Hungarian Opera House in central Budapest. Your guide initiates your trip back through time by discussing Hungarys role in World War I and II, as well as the 1956 Revolution against the communist government and its Soviet policies.
The Revolution of 1956 continues to be honoured every year on October 23, marking the culmination of the Hungarian quest for freedom. Your guide will take you through significant landmarks where protests, speeches, and marches took place.
Stop at Liberty Square for a glimpse at the citys final tribute to the Soviet Union. Additionally, hear stories about life behind the Iron Curtain how families lived, the great difficulties of travel, and many other interesting facts and anecdotes, from black markets to banana lines.
Travel to a private exhibition hall to study cultural artifacts and communist propaganda, such as red and blue passports, party member registration books, currency, and medals. Then, your guide takes you to the impressive structure of the Parliament building, where the first shots of the 1956 Revolution were fired.Learn about the important Hungarian figure Imre Nagy, a communist best known for defying the Soviet leaders in Moscow and executed for treason as a result. As your tour concludes in central Budapest, youll have a clearer sense of the last century of history that has shaped both the capital city and its country today.
Inclusions for Budapest Super Saver: Budapest Walking Tour Plus Small-Group History Tour
- Budapest City Walking Tour:
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Coffee, tea or mineral water with two pastries
- Public transport tickets during tour
- Small group history walking tour:
- Local guide
- Entrance fee to exhibition room
- Refreshment stop in a retro lounge
- Public transport during the tour
Exclusions for Budapest Super Saver: Budapest Walking Tour Plus Small-Group History Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Tours can be done in 2 consecutive days. Budapest City Walking Tour should be done on the booking date, and the Historical Walking tour the following day.
Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
Visiting the exhibition room requires the ability to climb one storey of stairs (with handrail).
Supplier is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Budapest Private Walking City Tour With An Art Historian Guide
- Budapest Szechenyi Spa Entrance with VIP Massage
- Private Half-Day Wine Tasting Tour in Etyek
- Villny Wine Country Day Trip from Budapest Including Lunch
- Budapest Tour with Optional Danube River Cruise
- Lake Balaton Helicopter Flight from Budapest