Buenos Aires Walking City Tour
OverviewThis is the most complete city tour of Buenos Aires and it will make you feel the essence of both historical and popular places and neighborhoods of the city. By using public transport (bus and subway), you'll be a part of this amazing metropolis, having a unique and real daily life experience. Explore downtown Buenos Aires also known as Microcentro, walk through San Telmo, then go to the famous Caminito street of La Boca and end the tour at Recoleta neighborhood.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourThe walking tour starts at San Martin Plaza at the end of Florida street where you're going take the subway to the Obelisk, the symbol of Buenos Aires. Be a part of this amazing metropolis, going through the real experience of an Argentinian citizen's daily life and walk down the lively 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue of the world. Historical buildings, monuments and streets will show the modifications that the city has undergone since its foundation such as Palacio de Tribunales.
At Plaza de Mayo, Buenos Aires main square and the political heartland of Argentina, see Piramide de Mayo and visit the Metropolitan Cathedral and observe the Cabildo, the Colonial Town Hall and the Casa Rosada, the Pink Presidential Headquarters Office.
At one of the side of Plaza de Mayo, take Defensa street down to the heart of San Telmo neighborhood. San Telmo is one of BAs oldest neighbourhoods and boasts a vibrant tango and arts scene. Its antique markets, candle street lighting (known as faroles), cobblestones, old buildings with original facades and dcor, all add to the uniquely bohemian atmosphere. See landmarks and buildings such as Casa Minima and learn from your guide how l\on Sundays the place is filled with activity as the main street market comes alive around the Plaza Dorrego. Here have free time for lunch (optional).
Take the bus to La Boca neighborhood known for Boca Juniors stadium and Caminito colorful street. Get enchanted by the tango's dancing and singing and learn how tango, football and different immigration influences have made Buenos Aires one of the most irresistible cities in the world. Visit El Retiro and see buildings such as Edificio Kavanagh.
Then, enjoy the views on modern Puerto Madero skyscrapers and its Woman Bridge from the bus that takes you to elegant Recoleta area, known for the impressive Recoleta Cemetery. You will find beautiful architecture, lots of museums, chic cafes and restaurants, exclusive avenues and shopping malls. The tour ends at the Recoleta Cemetery. You have the option to enter the place (entrance fee not included) and wander around the beautiful lanes to Evita Peron's resting place.
Inclusions for Buenos Aires Walking City Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Transport by public bus and subway
Exclusions for Buenos Aires Walking City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Recoleta cemetery entrance fee (Optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not subject to weather conditions. The tour does not canceled by rain.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rojo Tango Show with Optional Dinner in Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Full-Day City Tour with Dinner and Gala Tango Show
- Pope Francis Private Tour in Buenos Aires
- Closed-Door Restaurant in Buenos Aires: Dining Experience at Steaks by Luis
- 2-Day Buenos Aires Combo Trip: City Sightseeing Plus Gaucho Experience at Santa Susana Ranch
- Buenos Aires Architecture Bike Tour