- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Time :
8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm
Departure Details :
AXR Jaco, 50 metros norte de la cruz roja,, Ave Pastor Díaz, Jacó, Provincia de Puntarenas, Jacó, 61101, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide transportation form Jaco, Outside suc.. read more
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
Your guide takes you in direction of the rice fields behind Jaco where you can cross the river or ride along the river side if you dont like to get wet meanwhile your surrounded by butterfly trees and depending on the season and hours of the day you can admire the variety of wild birds. Such as, scarlet macaws, toucans, hawks, and falcons. Enjoy different routes up the mountain to extreme views of the pacific coast and hidden waterfalls! An amazing adventure for the whole family.
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tour
You begin at our shop in the center of Jaco; the guide takes you in direction of the rice fields behind Jaco where depending on the level, you can cross the river in various spots or ride along the river side if you dont like to get wet meanwhile your surrounded by butterfly trees and depending on the season and hours of the day you can admire the variety of wild birds. Such as, scarlet macaws, toucans, hawks, and falcons. Then you will head to the nearest ocean view where you can enjoy another perspective of the city of Jaco. Very ideal for a sunset tour.
2 Hour: Extreme Vista
You begin at our shop in the center of Jaco; the guide takes you in direction of the rainforest where you start to have chances of seeing nature and wild life. You will come to a small waterfall where you can make your first stop to take some nice photos, after that depending your driving skills, you will begin to drive up the mountain in the direction of the peek. Once you are there you will have a second stop where you can enjoy the magnificent views of Playa Jaco, Peninsula Nicoya, Gulf of Nicoya, Tortuga Island, and Manuel Antonio. Then you head to the Rancho of Doa Marta where you can use the restroom, buy a drink, or eat some of here delicious empanadas cooked on a wood burning stove, enjoying an amazing panoramic view of ocean and mountains. After enjoying great views and trails we proceed back to the shop.
3 Hour: Waterfall Jumper & 4 Hour: Extreme Rainforest
You begin at our shop in the center of Jaco; the guide takes you in direction of the rainforest where you have chances of seeing wild life. Such as, Parrots, Toucans, White-nosed Coati, Tayras, various types of Lizards and occasionally white face monkeys. Then you will come to a small waterfall where you can make your first stop to take some nice photos, after that depending on your driving skills, you will begin to drive up the mountain in the direction of the peek. Once you are there you will have a second stop where you can enjoy the magnificent views of Playa Jaco, Peninsula Nicoya, Gulf of Nicoya, Tortuga Island, and Manuel Antonio. Your guide will then take you to a big waterfall that is approximately 30 feet tall; you can take a swim, or take pictures and relax for a few minutes enjoying the river and the mist from the waterfall. After enjoying greats views, waterfall and an amazing tour we proceed back to the shop. Options to choose different routes to different waterfalls.
Use of helmet
Entry/Admission - Catarata Bijagual
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years old to drive
Credit Card required on the day of the tour for Security Reasons & to complete the tour contract.
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Infants must sit on laps
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
Traveler ReviewsSee all reviews
So so so much fun. Many stops and great food. I would do this again if in the area. Going with a small group is better as we did. These AVT's will go anywhere.
One of the top experiences we had in Costa Rica. Awesome tour, great guide, the kids LOVED it! Highly recommend. Our boys are 4 and 6 and they absolutely loved this experience.
An incredible afternoon, buggies to the top of a local mountain, through streams and then to a waterfall, and then back trhough streams digging up dirt and splashing water everywhere. Entire family had a blast. A lifetime memory.
We stopped in to buggy last minute after being denied at another adventure center. ATV adventures was friendly and pleasant they got us on a buggy tour within minutes! Our tour guide was so nice and friendly. The views were amazing.
We did the full day tour and it was petty disappointing. We started out driving for quite awhile on regular roads, which we then turned off onto a dried up riverbed. Most of the ride was on roads or the dried up riverbed. We did go through a few areas of the creek that were deep and thank God we did because it was hot and there was zero water on the trip. It's advertised that water is included and there was none. We had my 76 year old mom with us and it was almost 90 degrees and little shade. Thankfully some of us brought water bottles. The beaches we went to had filthy brown water so we weren't able to get in. Our guide seemed more interested in being on his cell phone than showing us his country. We drove under 20+ Macaw parrots and rather than stopping to let us watch them, he kept driving! We did not get to try local moonshine as someone mentions, nor did we see any chocolate, we didn't stop at the waterfall and our guide told us it was a 15 minute hike to the waterfall and that it wasn't that good. The original place we were supposed to have lunch, we did not go and our guide said it was closed and the food was bad anyway. So we went to a different place that was decent. All in all-I would not waste your time or money on this tour.
Our tour guide was super friendly, knowledgeable. And was great with the kids, he made them laugh and answered all there questions.
Riding the riverbeds in Hermosa was a blast! I would highly recommend the Talon, it has power and space for 4 people.
We visited AXR/ATV again for mayber the 6 or 7th time everytime we have an awesome experience. The machines are always in excellent shape and a blast to drive. We ALWAYS ask for KINE to be our guide and never disappoints. The scenery is magnificient the empanades on top of the mountain are fantastic. This a MUST do when in Costa Rica
We took the 4 hours extreme tour in a quad and it was worth it! We went in the mountain, a natural pool, eat on top of the mountain with a breathtaking view and finish strong with an exciting ride in the river! It’s a trip to do at least once in a lifetime!
1. Let me start by saying Nancy was the sweetest most hospitable tour guide who went out of her way to make a bad situation as comfortable as possible. 1. First the guys operating the front desk delayed our tour by 1 hour (things happen so we let that slide). 2. Next they ask us for a security deposit before our tour, now the tour details vaguely mentions a security deposit but they were intentional in NOT DISCLOSING how much in the tour listing because to our surprise it was $500.00 USD, Yes I said $500.00 USD. Most tourists would be turned off immediately if this information was disclosed up front hence why I said it was intentionally omitted. Not to mention what if someone arrives at the facility and doesn’t have $500.00 USD for a temporary deposit, then what? 3. The last straw for me was the negligence from the guy in front office staff, my husband and I were sent Out into the forest in the middle of the rainy season , into the highest parts of the mountains where the fog is super thick and forced to drive alongside other automobiles with NO HELMET (which is listed as something that was part of the package we purchased) or goggles for that matter. It literally pisses me off that anyone would be so negligent knowing you have to deal with dirt and rocks flying up from the guides ATV in front of you and A likely chance of rain pouring during this time of year. Luckily we were smart enough to bring a towel because we expected that we may get a little wet, little did we know that the towel would end up becoming our only protection from the elements since I had to keep using it to wipe my Husband’s face In the pouring rain just so he could see and prevent us from going off a cliff or running into vehicles coming in the opposite direction. Needless to say our tour was cut short and I’d never take another tour with this company or recommend them to anyone who actually values their life and safety.