Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island And Ipoh City Tour From Kuala LumpurWrite a Review
Visit Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island and get close contact with wild, free-ranging adult and young orang-utans into the forested area. Stroll along the visitor meshed in cage-like pathway for an unforgettable experience during your short journey into their wild habitat. En route to Sam Poh Tong Cave Temple and be amazed with this architecture build along the cave followed by half-day Ipoh city tour. Discover the popular heritage sites, eat delicious local food and take some beautiful photos of painted murals on walls along the streets around Ipoh Old Town.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourOur driver and guide will pick you up from your hotel located in Kuala Lumpur city area or Petaling Jaya Districts around 7am and head to Bukit Merah (Red Hill). It will take approximately 2.5 hour drive.
Upon arrival, hop on the boat at the jetty and ride to Orang Utan Island. The small tropical island in the middle of 7,000 acre freshwater lake where you will witness a number of Orang Utan are kept in the natural habitat. You will be led into a caged tunnel walk that allow you get close interaction with the Orang Utan. You will see these cute mammals climbing up tall trees, usually they are close to the cage edges where you can easily see them. Local lunch will be served around noon.
After lunch, we continue our tour to Ipoh, en route we will stop at Sam Poh Tong Cave Temple, a popular cave temple that is situated in Gunung Rapat. Explore this beautiful temple made along the cave and you even can purchase some vegetable to feed turtle in the pond at the back of the temple. Then, we proceed to Ipoh downtown and hunting for delicious local food, visit to Ipoh Railway Station and Old Ipoh Town for the amazing wall murals.
After dinner at your own expense, we will transfer back to Kuala Lumpur around 7pm and reaching your hotel by 9:30pm.
Inclusions for Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island And Ipoh City Tour From Kuala Lumpur
- Local Lunch
- Entrance fees and boat ride to Orang Utan Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
Exclusions for Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island And Ipoh City Tour From Kuala Lumpur
- Entrance fees to museum/garden/park (not mentioned in the itinerary)
- Dinner, food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Subject to favorable weather conditions. Due to very dry season (No Rain) and very shallow water, the Boat Ride to Orang Utan Island may be cancelled by Bukit Merah resort. In light of this, we will replace Orang Utan Tour with Firefly Tour.
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.