The tour starts from your hotel. The first stop will be Boyana Church, situated in Sofia. Afterwards head toward Poganovo Monastery in Serbia. After approximately two and a half hours transfer you reach your destination.There you will have the chance to enjoy the Holy Cloister and have a traditional Serbian lunch in the nearby restaurant. After lunch it is time for transfer back to Sofia. The tour ends at your hotel.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Get inside tips from a local
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Sofia hotel, start your tour with a visit to Boyana Church – declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979, and located on the outskirts of Sofia.
Hop out of your air-conditioned vehicle to take a tour of this beautiful church. Consisting of three parts — a design used in Byzantine architecture — its Greek cross ground plan is topped with a dome and framed by richly decorated facades with ceramic elements.
Head inside to view the interior, home to several layers of wall paintings from the 11th, 13th, 15th to 17th, and 19th centuries, and composed of 89 different scenes with 240 human figures depicted individually or together.
The church mainly owes its fame to those created in the 13th century — 1259 to be exact — and that reflect Bulgarian medieval culture. According to the experts, the style of the paintings from this period echoes that of the Renaissance while predating the movement.
Having explored here, make the roughly 2.5-hour journey across the border and into Serbia to the Poganovo Monastery.
This famous monastery, with its Church dedicated to St. John the Theologian, was built in the last decade of the 14th century, most probably by the powerful Serbian nobleman, Konstantin Dejanovich Dragash, the nephew of King Dusan and one of the last Serbian rulers before the fall of the Serbian medieval state to the Ottoman Empire.
Admire the breathtaking surrounding landscapes and soak up the tranquility and spiritual atmosphere of the monastery as you explore. The highlights are the monastery’s fresco paintings, created in 1499 by artistic masters from northern Greece, and which rank among the Balkan masterpieces of the time.
After a traditional Serbian lunch at a nearby restaurant, and having visited two of Bulgaria’s and Serbia’s most impressive historical sights, return to Sofia, where your trip ends with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Bulgaria And Serbia In One Day Tour From Sofia
- Professional guide
- Transport by modern vehicle
- Entrance fee for Boyana Church
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Bulgaria And Serbia In One Day Tour From Sofia
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.