Buthrotum, Blue Eye Springs, Ksamil And Lekursi Castle From Saranda - Tirana
OverviewExperience all the natural, cultural, and archaeological heritage of Saranda on your 5-hour tour. Visit the ancient town of Buthrotum, Ksamil and its islands and of course the magical Blu Eye Springs. Immerse yourself in the enchanting atmosphere created by a combination of archaeology, monuments and nature. From mystic ancient temples, dreamy and imposing medieval castles to elegant Byzantine churches, timeless olive groves and the deep blue of the eternal Ionian sea, the possibilities in Saranda are truly limitless. Your once-in-a-lifetime tour includes round-trip transportation from your accommodation.
Know More about this tourYour 5-hour tour begins when you are picked-up at your selected location. You will be transported in a comfortable vehicle close to the 14th century Saint George Monastery, located on a very narrow strip of land that divides Butrinti Lake from the Ionian Sea. Immerse yourself in the panoramic view of the town and the sea from one side and the Butrinti lake from the opposite bank. Remember to bring your camera to capture amazing photos.
Head to Ksamil where to experience the a breathtaking view of the sea, sun and islands. You will see a fish harvesting reservoir located in the sea.
Enter the National Park of Butrint where you will examine the impressive remains of a Roman theater and travel along a historical route that shows you a temple, an ancient fitness center with public baths, an aqueduct, and a Byzantine church with a one-of-a-kind well-preserved baptistery.
The Lakes Gate and the Lions Gate are also on our way with more history to tell as several fountains and wells that also have their astounding secrets to show. We shall end this route with views of a hilltop castle from the Venetian period after a visit to the museum that is inside the castle.
After spending a couple of hours in Buthrotum youwill travel to your next destination the Blue Eye Springs Get off the beaten track together with us and discover the Blue Eye, a water spring and natural phenomenon that features clear, blue water bubbling from the bottom of an immensely deep pool, this site was used as a relaxation spot for the elite.Last one will be Lekuresi Castle, the castle of the 18 century offers a magical panorama of everything we have seen so far, an astounding view of the town from the heights of a hill and also the best photos to share with all your friends and relatives being convinced that you chose the best itinerary in order to enjoy some of the best attractions that this city has to offer. The guide will be all the time by your side explaining you the history of Buthrotum ,and not only, from the ancient times until the time when the first excavations started to revive the city. We shall try to answer to all your questions and curiosities so that you get sure that these are three hours well spent inside this ancient city and its perfectly preserved amphitheater, baptistery and more.
Your guide provides commentary about Saranda's history and economic development.
We shall pick you up everywhere you may be located and bring you back at the same place or wherever you want us to take you. The entrance ticket in the ancient town is not included but we shall offer you plenty of water and snacks in the form of different traditional Albanian pies so that during this time you also have the chance to try our famous cuisine. Depending on your program and the time at your disposition we may start the tour at any time . Its always when its more convenient for you regarding the time we start the tour.
Inclusions for Buthrotum, Blue Eye Springs, Ksamil And Lekursi Castle From Saranda
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel/port pickup
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Blue Eye springs entrance fee
Exclusions for Buthrotum, Blue Eye Springs, Ksamil And Lekursi Castle From Saranda
- Entrance fee at the Butrint antic Town
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Dress code is smart casual
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A maximum of 12 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kruja and Sari Salltik Hiking Tour from Tirana
- Mountain Dajti Hiking Tour from Tirana
- Black Cave Hiking Tour from Tirana
- Tirana and Kruja Full Day Tour
- Durres and Berat 2-Day Tour from Tirana including Wine Tasting Experience
- Krujas Castle Half Day Tour from Tirana
- Kruja Full Day Tour from Durres
- Albanian Coastline: 3 Days Tour from Tirana