Butrint Day Trip From Corfu
OverviewThis trip will take you to one of the most amazing archeological sites on the Mediterranean. Butrinti archeological site was known during antiquity as the ancient Bouthrotos and part of it can be seen for Corfu island. Visit one of the least unspoiled corners of the Mediterranean as you walk through Butrinti ancient monuments. Soak up the atmosphere and the unique ecosystem of Butrinti as you visit some of its finest monuments such as the well preserved Greco-Roman Theatre built in honour of Asclepius, God of Medicine, Baptistry, Byzantine Basilica and the Museum inside the castle. Visit Butrinti day trip from Corfu can be done in one day starting from Corfu town at 9.00 AM and back via the Saranda Port. The journey from Corfu to Saranda take about 30 min. The tour starts in Saranda Port from where our local guide will transfer you to Butrinti Archeological Park.
Know More about this tour
Visit the UNESCO site of Butrinti
Enjoy the well balanced ecosystem between Butrintis monuments and wildlife
Learn about the artistic treasure of Butrintis Baptistry from the 6th century
Soak up the stunning views of the Archeological Park from Butrints Castle
What you can expect
Your guide will meet you at Saranda port from where the tour begins. Next you will drive for about 35 minutes to Butrinti Archeological Park across Ksamil town. As you drive to the archeological site you can enjoy the panorama over Vivari Channel and learn about the Ali Pasha military outpost built around the 19th century to guard Corfu strait. In the archeological site you will be guided through its well preserved monuments beginning with the Venetian tower and continuing through the green vegetation to the temple of Asclepius and Agora. Next we walk to the Baptistry, Episcopal Palace, Church, the castle and Museum.
The settlement goes as far back as the Bronze age believed to have been foundedby the Trojan prince Heleni, son of King Priam. In the beginning it served as a trading post between the inlanders and the merchants sailing from Corfu. Later on it grew into a small town where the centre of the city was the temple dedicated to Asclepius, God of Medicine around the 3rd century BC. During the Roman Period the settlement became a Roman colony changing significantly. After the Roman expansion the city grows again during the Byzantine period when it became an episcopal centre. Later on during the Venetian rule the city shrunk in size and importance to become just a small fisherman village. The last period to be inhabited was during the 19th century when this area was part of Ioannina principality under the rule of Ali Pasha Tepelena.
In the end of our visit we take a coffee break in the Archeological park and return to the city of Saranda where our tour ends.
Inclusions for Butrint Day Trip From Corfu
- Entrance fees to the Archaeological Park
- Private guide
- Private Car from Saranda Port to Butrint Archaeological Park and back
Exclusions for Butrint Day Trip From Corfu
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Ferry ticket from Corfu to Saranda and back
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.