By Ward Market Tasting Experience - Ottawa
OverviewWalk through the streets of the By Ward Market and stop at the step of 9 establishments where the house's specialty will be served to you as you learn about the city's rich history. This experience starts under the National Art Gallery's giant spider statue and leads you through the historic Byward market. Also know as the "International Tour" because of the diversity of authentic food offered, it offers you a taste of the city's diverse roots and passion for food. During this 3.5 to 4 hour walking tour, your guide will tell you about Ottawa's food scene as well as the rich history of its most frequented and touristic neighborhood. Popular with localsas well as people from out of town, you may meet people from different places around Ottawa, Canada, and the world during this experience. This tour includes 2 alcoholic beverages (or non-alcoholic for people under 19 years of age). All dietary restrictions and special needs are welcomed and must be communicated ahead of time.
Know More about this tourExplore the By Ward Market!
We're very lucky in Ottawa to have the chefs that we do. Rooted in diversity and openess to the world, our culinary tradition is shaping itself in front of our eyes. We're inviting you to come and discover this with us as we eat our afternoons away.
- 9 food samples
- 2 alcoholic beverages (may be non-alcoholic on request)
- Water at almost every stop
- Bilingual tour guide (French and English)
- Stories and history of Ottawa and the By Ward Market
This experience starts under Maman, the giant spider, at the National Art Gallery. Here, you will take in the beautiful landmarks and history that surround the statue. You will see the Notre Dame Basilica, the Reconciliation Memorial, Major's Hill, as well as the National Art Gallery, Parliament Hill, and the American Embassy. After your guide tells you about the proceedings of the tour, you will embark on a journey of flavors like none before. Be sure not to eat before the tour. The food quantities are enough for a full meal.
From Maman, you will walk into the ByWard Market, Ottawa's oldest Market, and one of the roots of Ottawa's colonisation. As you taste food from all around the world (Indian, Japanese, Southern Barbecue, Mexican, Italian), local artisanal fare by creative chefs, great local beer and wine, and awesome desserts (including Ottawa's very own pastry), you will learn about the history of Ottawa. From it's Algonquian ancestry, to the colonisation, to the conflicts that shaped the city, as well as today's reality.
This 3.5 to 4 hour tour is perfect for the adventurer, the foodie, and the person who simply wants to take a walk in the Market and taste amazing food.
Tour is available in French and in English. It is also available in limited Spanish.
Must be at least 19 years of age to drink alcohol. Identification may be required as a proof of age. Non-alcoholic beverages are also available.
All dietary restrictions and special needs are welcomed. Must be communicated ahead of time.
This is a walking tour, no transportation to and from the tour is included.
A minimum of 6 guests are required for the tour to take place. If the minimum is not reached 24 hours before the start of the tour, you will receive a full reimbursement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusions for By Ward Market Tasting Experience
- Walking foodtour (9 stops)
- Beverages (2 alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, and unlimited water)
- Gratuities at all stops
- Local guide
- All taxes and fees
- Viator brokerage fee
Exclusions for By Ward Market Tasting Experience
- Transportation to and from the tour
- Gratuities for the tour guide (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All dietary restrictions must be communicated by e-mail at email@example.com
Please drink responsibly
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Canadian War Museum Admission
- Axe Throwing at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League in Ottawa
- Canada 150 Plus - Small Group Tour in Ottawa
- 4G LTE Pocket WiFi Rental, Internet Connection in Ottawa- pick up at LAX
- 1000 Islands Adventure Package (1 hour Wildcat Cruise & Aquatarium admission)
- 3-Day Horseback Riding Vacation in Ottawa Valley
- 2-Hour Ottawa Express City Bike Tour