Byzantine Istanbul Tour Along The Golden HornWrite a Review
Discover Constantinople! The vastness of the vision and boldness of the design of the Byzantine era Constantinople is expressed in Hagia Sophia in Sultanahmet but medieval Constantinople around the Golden Horn offers more information. This tour pokes around forgotten corners just over this hauntingly beautiful inlet âÂÂ the Golden Horn and walk to see Constantinople before the Ottoman Conquest in 1453.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Skip the line
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
Know More about this tourThe tour starts with a ferry ride from Eminonu or Karakoy zigzagging both sides of the Golden Horn to end in Ayvansaray. Ayvansaray is where Constantinople officially ended so we’ll see and walk along the mighty Byzantine walls of Theodosius from 5th Century.
The first visit is an extraordinary Greek Orthodox Church – Mary Blachernae. The only church in the whole world where there’s a service on a Friday morning. Built on a sacred water source, the church is a pilgrimage for Greek people.
You will be climbing the 7th hill of the city as we make our way to one of the oldest Byzantine Palaces from the 13th Century ( Tekfur Sarayi).
The highlight of the trip is the famous Chora, the Byzantine marvel of mosaics and frescoes.
Then the tour will walk back through Balat which houses one of Istanbul’s surviving medieval synagogues and trendiest houses that are now enjoying their second or even third type of use.
In Fener, you will see the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate housing a column, which is believed to have been used for the binding and flogging of Jesus in Jerusalem.
Inclusions for Byzantine Istanbul Tour Along The Golden Horn
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
- Ferry ride along the Golden Horn
Exclusions for Byzantine Istanbul Tour Along The Golden Horn
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Maximum of 8 travelers per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.