Byzantine Relics Istanbul Half-Day Morning Tour
OverviewDiscover Byzantine art and Christian relics on a half-day tour of Istanbul. Visit the Hagia Sophia, Roman Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, and more. Then, wander the stalls of the Grand Bazaar and explore the largest covered market in the world.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourTake a half-day tour of Istanbul and explore it from the perspective of the Byzantine Empire. See ruins of Byzantine churches, the site of former Roman chariot races, and the magical alleys of the historic Grand Bazaar.
Visit the Hippodrome and Obelisks, location for thrilling chariot races in the days of the Roman Empire. The track is now some 6.6 feet (2 meters) below ground, but has been marked on the paving of Sultan Ahmet Square. You will see the surviving obelisks, as well as the Serpentine Column from Delphi, and the Byzantine German Fountain of Wilhelm II.
Continue to Hagia Sophia, also known as The Church of Holy Wisdom. Undoubtedly one of the greatest architectural creations in the world, the temple was so richly decorated that Justinian proclaimed and you continue to the iconic Blue Mosque. Named for its stunning decoration of Iznik tiles, you will also admire its slender minarets
End your tour at the Grand Bazaar, the oldest and largest covered market in the world. Explore the alleys, where nearly 4,000 shops offer a superb selection of antiques, leather, evil eye trinkets, and Turkish rugs. Try out your haggling skills to see if you can bag a true Turkish bargain.
Inclusions for Byzantine Relics Istanbul Half-Day Morning Tour
- Entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned bus, though free pickup is only at city center hotels
- Licensed tour guide
- Service charges and taxes
Exclusions for Byzantine Relics Istanbul Half-Day Morning Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays and will be replaced with a tour of the Underground Cistern
Please note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Blue Mosque closed on Friday Prayer, no replacement
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Istanbul Small-Group Jewish Quarter Walking Tour Including Bosphorus Cruise and Lunch
- 5 Days ANZAC Day 2016 The Digger Tour visiting Istanbul and Gallipoli
- Evening Local Food and Wine Tour In Istanbul
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul
- Istanbul Small Group City Tour: Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, St Sophia and Topkapi Palace