OverviewThe expansive history of a city such as Crdoba, an ancient city, causes its immense historical and archaeological heritage to be a true compendium of the civilizations and cultures that left their mark here. Enjoy a comprehensive tour of the city let by a historian. This will provide you with a magnificent opportunity to enjoy an authentic cultural experience, while at the same time, enjoying a complete History and Archaeology class appropriate for everyone.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourComplete two hours guided tour around Córdoba's monumental and historic centre.
Meeting point: Calahorra Tower at the Roman Bridge, wich was originally a fortified roman gate controlling access to the bridge and altered during the Islamic and Christian periods.
The Bridge Gate: Roman Córdoba was a walled town that expanded out to the river during the 1st century AD when the first emperors reconstructed the city. Córdoba has many entrances, but the main one stood in the same place as the Puerta del Puente or the bridge gate (16th century) stands today.
The famous Jewish quarter and the monuments of historical Cordoba in which Jews, Muslims and Christians lived together, including The Synagogue, one of three old synagogues that remain in Spain; The impressive walls of the islamic Omeyan Alcázar and the Christian Monarchs' Alcázar; Calle Judíos, the street at the centre of the Jewish quarter that gets to Plaza Tiberíades, wich pays homage to Maimonides, a great Jewish philosopher, theologian and doctor; Córdoba's municipal souq, or zoco in Spanish, an open-air market established in the 1950s inside a 16th century Renaissance-Mudejar palace.
The maze of narrow streets around The Great Mosque and Cathedral, visiting Calleja de la Hoguera where the mosque named the Mezquita de los Andalusíes is found; Calle de las Flores, where we can enjoy one of Córdoba's most typical images with the Cathedral tower popping up between the city's walls; The narrow Callejón del Pañuelo, one of the narrowest streets in Europe that is another perfect example of Medieval Islamic town planning.
Inclusions for Córdoba Culture And Architecture Tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Córdoba Culture And Architecture Tour
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.