Caño Negro By Boat - La Fortuna
OverviewThe Cao Negro Wildlife Refuge is considered to be one of the best sites on the continent for bird watching. In addition to an abundance of birds, Cao Negro is also home to many exciting animals, such as sloths, three types of monkeys, caimans, lizards, bats, and a variety of flora native of the wetlands.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourThe tour to this beautiful region leaves from La Fortuna at 7:30am and travels approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to Los Chiles, a rustic village just three kilometers from the Nicaraguan border. Then you will go on a boat ride to the wetlands.
On the way up, you will see many bird and animal species. Around noon you will stop along the river for a typical Costa Rican lunch before heading back to Los Chiles to take the bus back to La Fortuna. You will be back at around 3:30pm
This tour can be done also on kayaks or canoes.
Inclusions for Caño Negro By Boat
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Caño Negro By Boat
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kayaking Tour on Lake Arenal
- Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour with Hot Springs
- One-Way Private Transfer from La Fortuna to Monteverde
- Rainforest Night Walk and Authentic Costa Rican Dinner from La Fortuna
- Transfer from La Fortuna to Monteverde by Crossing Arenal Lake
- Class III White Water Rafting Half Day Arenal