Cacao Plantation And Chocolate Factory Tour - Santo Domingo
OverviewEnjoy an original Dominican cacao and chocolate tour at a farm La Esmeralda! Visit an organic cacao plantation and learn all the secrets hidden behind quality chocolate. Follow your sense of smell to our chocolate factory, where you will learn about the making of exquisite chocolate and how to make your own chocolate!
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe local cacao expert guide will guide you through each one of the steps in processing high-quality cacao. Beginning with the first step sowing, you will learn how to sow your own cacao plant, and continue to learn about the harvest, cutting and extraction of the grains in a cacao pod. Next, you will learn about the post-harvest process: fermentation and drying, which are determining factors in the quality of the chocolate.
You will also learn about the Dominican Republic ecosystem and what allows it to have the perfect conditions for growing fine cacao which evolves into the best quality chocolates.
After that, you will enter La Esmeralda Chocolate Factory, where enchanted by the different scents of chocolate, you will discover each of the steps in creating a chocolate bar. Youll also be able to make your own chocolate!
Surrounded by the cacao trees and nature and while listening to traditional music, you will be able to enjoy an exquisite Dominican lunch.
Inclusions for Cacao Plantation And Chocolate Factory Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Buffet lunch
- Cup of local hot chocolate
Exclusions for Cacao Plantation And Chocolate Factory Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Dress code is smart- no casual clothes (i.e. jeans, sportswear, joggers or sneakers)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Santo Domingo Sightseeing
- Santiago Day Trip from Santo Domingo
- Private Arrival Transfer: Santo Domingo Airport to Hotel
- Santo Domingo Shopping Tour with Visits to Amber Museum and Tobacco Factory
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Santo Domingo Airport
- Day Trip to Puerto Plata from Santo Domingo
- Catalina Island Day Trip from Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Sightseeing Tour