Cacao Plantation And Chocolate Factory Tour With Tasting Of Chocolate - Santo Domingo
OverviewVisit La Esmeralda, an organic cacao plantation and learn all of the secrets hidden behind quality chocolate. Follow your sense of smell to our chocolate factory, where you will learn about the making of exquisite chocolate and how to make your own chocolate! With this tour you will also learn how to taste a chocolate with all your senses with our expert!
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourWith your local cacao expert and guide you will learn about each one of the steps in processing high-quality cacao. First you will learn about the sowing process and how to sow your own cacao plant. From there you will learn about the harvesting process, which includes cutting and extraction of the grains in a cacao pod. Finally, you will learn about the post-harvest process including fermentation and drying..
You will also learn about the Dominican Republic ecosystem and how it produces perfect conditions for growing fine cacao which evolves into the best quality chocolate.
After that, you will enter La Esmeralda Chocolate Factory, where you will discover each of the steps in creating a chocolate bar. You’ll also be able to make your own chocolate! With this tour you will also participate in a chocolate tasting where you will learn how to properly taste chocolate with all your senses. Your chocolate expert will guide you through the tasting of several different types of chocolate!
After the chocolate tasting you will be able to enjoy an exquisite Dominican lunch surrounded by the cacao trees while listening to traditional music.
Inclusions for Cacao Plantation And Chocolate Factory Tour With Tasting Of Chocolate
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Buffet lunch
- Cup of Local Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate tasting with professional guide
Exclusions for Cacao Plantation And Chocolate Factory Tour With Tasting Of Chocolate
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Dress code is smart- no casual clothes (i.e. jeans, sportswear, joggers or sneakers)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.