Cachoeira Cultural Tour From Salvador
OverviewCachoeira is an historical and cultural city located 2 hours away from Salvador. Learn a lot with our cultural specialist guide. This full day tour including lunch and drinks.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Exclusive to Viator
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- A la carte lunch included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourCachoeira is the capital of the Reconcavo, a region that's very important in the colonial beginnings of Brazil. This city is full of colonial monuments and of Afro Brazilian culture.
You'll leave at 9am from your centrally located hotel, where the guide will pick you up with a cultural English speaking guide on board.
This tour can be arrange for small groups between 2 to 16 people in a van; for more private groups of up to 4 people, there will be a car.
After 2 hours, crossing the Reconcavo region, passing through Santo Amaro city, where famous singers like Caetano Veloso and Maria Betanha were born, you will visit the market. Then we will arrive in Cachoeira.
There are many colonial mansions and monument to be visited here, like 18th century convents and churches, but also Cachoeira is the Brazilian center for Afro Brazilian Religion and culture where you have more condombls temples, from the Afro Brazilian religion, which is very strong in that region.
Afterwards, you will cross the river to visit a tobacco factory before it's time for lunch in a farm at the top of Cachoeira's hill. Here you will get to try their delicious local specialties.
In the afternoon it'll be time to visit the Samba house and some beautiful typical buildings of this region.
At 4pm it will be time to make your way back to Salvador, arriving there at approximately 6pm to drop you off at your centrally located hotel.
Inclusions for Cachoeira Cultural Tour From Salvador
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Cachoeira Cultural Tour From Salvador
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.