Café Las Flores Coffee Plantation Tour From Managua
OverviewMost of us drink coffee every day, but we likely dont put a lot of thought into how the beans are harvested, roasted and packaged for sale. Learn all about these processes with this 2-hour guided tour of Hacienda El Progreso, a certified Rainforest Alliance coffee farm that produces Caf Las Flores, one of the finest coffees in the country. Tour the farm, located at the bottom of the Mombacho Volcano, and learn how coffee goes from a cherry on a tree to being washed and dried and eventually roasted and in your cup. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
Know More about this tour
After pickup from your hotel in Managua, relax and enjoy the air-conditioned ride to Hacienda El Progreso, a coffee plantation located at the bottom of the Mombacho Volcano. Caf Las Flores, the coffee produced on this plantation, is a Rainforest Alliancecertified product and one of the most popular coffees of Nicaragua.
Meet your tour guide on arrival at the coffee plantation and learn about the history of coffee growing in Nicaragua and at Hacienda El Progreso. Find out how coffee goes from a simple cherry on a tree to being pitted, washed, dried, roasted and eventually ground and poured into a cup. See how everything is done using nature-friendly agricultural practices and how the plantation positively affects the local community. Its a long, arduous process, and youre certain to appreciate the labor that goes into the making of a good cup of coffee.
Next, enjoy a nice cup of Caf Las Flores right there on the plantation where the coffee was grown and produced. Get a snack or a meal at the on-site restaurant if you wish (own expense). With the tour over, return to your vehicle and settle in for the ride back to Managua, with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Café Las Flores Coffee Plantation Tour From Managua
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus or van
Exclusions for Café Las Flores Coffee Plantation Tour From Managua
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.