Cagliari: Castelsardo And The Sardinian Pyramide
OverviewEnjoy a relaxing full-day tour of fascinating Castelsardo. Walk through its alleys and visit ancient craft shops. Discover Monte D'Accoddi, this site consists of a massive raised stone platform thought to have been an altar.
Know More about this tourFull day tour departing from Cagliari, drive for 3 hours in a minivan through the amazing Sardinian countryside towards the northwest of the island.
Explore one of Sardinia's most beautiful medieval cities on a tour of Castelsardo. It may have been the legendary Tibula of Roman times, but by the Middle Ages it was already an impenetrable centuries-old fortress protected by thick walls and 17 towers, until the advent of modern weaponry. The original nucleus of Castelsardo grew up around the castle of the Dorias, which tradition dates to 1102, although it was probably constructed in the late XIII century.
In the early XVI century the castle was renamed Castillo Aragons and became the seat of the bishopric until the Cathedral of SantAntonio Abate was built in 1586. This amazing building has a bell tower perched over the sea, is graced with a gleaming ceramic dome and houses crypts in the basement, which in turn are home to the Maestro di Castelsardo museum. During the reign of the Savoy dynasty, the town was given the name it has today. It belongs to the Most Beautiful Towns of Italy Association and its noble fortifications the bastions and steep stairs remain intact.
Discover one of the monuments considered a unicum in Sardinia: the steep pyramid of Monte d'Accoddi, which recalls the famous Mesopotamian Ziqqurat. The site, dating back to the fourth millennium BC, is surrounded by a mystery mist. The excursion will continue in the beautiful city of Castelsardo (formerly known as Castel Aragonese and Castel Genovese) overlooking the Gulf of Asinara. The tour also includes a visit to the Elephant Rock, Domus de janas, a symbol of the Anglican territory.
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Cagliari: Castelsardo And The Sardinian Pyramide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free wifi on board
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Cagliari: Castelsardo And The Sardinian Pyramide
- Lunch (optional)Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.