Cagliari: Hiking At Sa Spendula Waterfalls
OverviewTake a beautiful hike along one of the most picturesque forest of Sardinia, visit the little town of Villacidro and enjoy "Sa Pichetada" the sardinian typical picnic.In the central-southern part of Sardinia, deep inside the Medio Campidano area, a constantly spectacular sight is that of one of the highest waterfalls on the Island, in a natural environment of unparalleled beauty.
Know More about this tourFirst stop at the little town of Villacidro, where we'll visit the ancient washhouse, the building, built in 1893 on a design by engineer Enrico Pani and due to the metal part from the Florentine foundry of Pignone, has a series of masonry tanks, connected by a water supply pipe and characterized by an inclined plane to facilitate washing clothes. The cover closes a C-shaped plan with pavilions adorned with fake openings, always metallic, and it is required above all for the sinuous and enveloping movement of the supporting decorations, according to the principles of Liberty. Of the stone source remains one of the masks used as a torch for the water, while figures of squatted lions symmetrically arranged on the real source have disappeared.
After we'll drive towards the waterfalls, a sheet of water cuts through the rock and passes through a lush, scented forest. It is the image that nature has painted around Villacidro, in the Medio Campidano area, embedding it in one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Sardinia.
Sa Spendula, name of the locality in which it is situated, means 'the cascade': it is the sudden fall of Rio Coxinas, which originates at Santu Miali (in the picturesque park of Monte Linas), in three consecutive water drops with a maximum 60-metre high altitude gap. The waters form three natural pools in the same number of fall areas and flow into a gorge of special natural value, dominated by a granitic aiguille, known as Campanas de Sisinni Conti.
In autumn and winter you will be enchanted by its vigour, while during the summer you will be impressed by the evocative light in the evening and the inebriating cool that you will experience amidst the oleanders and holm oak woods.
After hike relax and enjoy "Sa Pichetada", sardinian typical picnic.
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Cagliari: Hiking At Sa Spendula Waterfalls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour (optional)
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Round-trip private transfer (optional)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
Exclusions for Cagliari: Hiking At Sa Spendula Waterfalls
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants, the vehicles used on the tour may be different from those in the description.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.