Caguas Cultural Day Trip From San Juan Including Botanical Garden And Lunch
OverviewIf youre interested in learning about Puerto Ricos cultural history, this day trip to the city of Caguas will delight you! Just 20 miles (32 km) south of San Juan, Caguas is home to two unique cultural activities that youll experience with a guide. At the Caguas Botanical and Cultural Garden, learn about Puerto Rican industry and indigenous culture with a walking tour of a sugar mill and an exhibit on the Taino people. Then walk the Route of the Creole Heart in the center of town to see several historical landmarks and visit three small cultural museums.
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter pickup in San Juan, your day trip starts with the 30-minute drive south to Caguas by comfortable van or minibus. Head straight to the Caguas Botanical and Cultural Garden (Jardn Botnico y Cultural de Caguas), your first stop of the day.
More than just a space for flowers and other vegetation, the garden is home to an array of displays and exhibits that promote Puerto Ricos natural and cultural history. With your guide, take a walking tour of an old sugar mill and re-created hacienda to learn about one of the Caribbeans most important industries, and explore the Taino Ancestral Grove, which depicts the life of Puerto Ricos indigenous group through art and artifacts. Plus, as this is a garden, you will admire the many varieties of native flora that make up the lush property.
Stay at the garden to enjoy lunch at El Guariquitn, an on-site restaurant where your food a typical Puerto Rican meal of rice, beans and meat is cooked on an open-air wood stove. Sit down at one of the picnic tables to enjoy your lunch alfresco, and then head to your vehicle with your guide to continue your day trip.
Your next stop is Caguas main square, known as Palmer Plaza, where you begin walking the Route of the Creole Heart (Ruta del Corazn Criollo), a route through central Caguas that takes you past several cultural and historical attractions, introducing you to the citys historical and present-day culture. Pass by landmarks like City Hall (built in 1887) and Sweet Name of Jesus Cathedral (built in 1930), and visit three small museums along the way the History Museum, Popular Arts Museum and Tobacco Museum.
Your day trip ends with return to your original pickup location.
Inclusions for Caguas Cultural Day Trip From San Juan Including Botanical Garden And Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or minibus
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Caguas Cultural Day Trip From San Juan Including Botanical Garden And Lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
- Selvatura Park: Hummingbird Garden and Insect Museum Tour
- Private One-Way Transfer: Hurghada Airport to Hurghada Hotels
- The Battle of Santo Domingo 4D Movie Experience