Cahuita National Park And Banana Plantation Shore Excursion - Limon
OverviewThe tour begins at port where you hop on an air-conditioned motor coach for a one-hour drive along scenic roads, passing quaint villages on your way to Cahuita. Cahuita is a beautiful National Park that combines a great white sand beach with exuberant rain forest. During the nature walk, our naturalist tour guide will be pointing for the different wildlife species present in the park such as monkeys, sloths, iguanas, toucans and other ones. After the nature walk, a snack stop is included in Cahuita Town, where you can enjoy a drink or taste the local caribbean flavours. Returning to the pier, a stop by a banana plantation is included for learn more about this important crop for the Costa Rican economy.
Know More about this tour
The tour begins at port where you hop on an air-conditioned motor coach for a one-hour drive along scenic roads, passing quaint villages on your way to Cahuita.
Cahuita, from the indigenous worlds kawe or mahogany and ta or point, was created in 1970 to protect the country's largest coral reef. One hundred twenty-three species of fish have been listed here, along with a variety of corals and other invertebrates. The park also protects an example of tropical moist forest, along with swamps forest and marshland. Cahuita is a perfect place for those who want to enjoy a beautiful tropical beach, the rain forest and abundant wildlife. Upon arrival to Cahuita Town, we will get into the park for a 45 minutes nature walk for enjoy the rich biodiversity of the area, along a flat and shady trail that runs along the shoreline. Monkeys, Sloths, Iguanas, Toucans, Colourful Frogs and many other species are very common to see during this tour. This is a very easy walk for all, from kids to seniors.
From the pier to Cahuita you will pass lots of banana plantations and our tour guide will stop in one of them, where many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained: The Crop, harvesting, processing, packing and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province, becoming one of the most important economical activities in the region.This tour is an excellent introduction to the culture and rainforest of Costa Rica
Inclusions for Cahuita National Park And Banana Plantation Shore Excursion
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Cahuita National Park And Banana Plantation Shore Excursion
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Indigenous Reserve Chocolate and Waterfalls
- Canopy Tour from Puerto Viejo of Limon
- Puerto Viejo Jungle Adventure: Hiking, Rapelling, and Canopy Tour
- Hiking Cahuita from Puerto Viejo of Limon
- Native American Reserve Visit and Waterfall from Puerto Viejo of Limon
- Bribri Cultural Tour with Shaman Ritual and Waterfall Hike from Limon
- Kekoldi Half Day from Puerto Viejo of Limon
- Hiking Gandoca - Manzanillo from Puerto Viejo of Limon