During this tour you will enjoy:
1) City Tour: History records that in 1502 Christopher Columbus landed in Costa Rica at the place known as Puerto Limn. the city of port Limon have a lot of caribean design and you will see and learn about this history of the Jamaican in Costa Rica, you will see a important churchs and the old train station of Limon made by the Unite fruite company!
2) The Jungle Trail on Cahuita national park (Vargas trail): The Jungla Trail offers 2 kilometers trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, for example the red dart frog (dendrobates pumillo), howler monkey, white face monkey, the two species of sloths and more!
Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds: Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, kiskidees and much more, squirrels, and the majestic butterflies that swarm through the trail. The creeks which appear during the trail, add a crisp freshness to the air, yet more importantly enable the reproduction of many of the organisms living there. For example these creeks create the perfect atmosphere for the various types of frogs you will encounter, allowing the perfect place for egg laying. You will witness the beautiful flora, such as the epfites, and bromeliads as well as other ground level plants with various sized leaves appearing in their plenty. The different species of trees ranging from young to old, small to large, serve as homes to many of the creatures being large mammals to tiny insects. These trees as you will witness are also adorned by the lianas that hang from the branches.
3) Visit a Banana plantation for outside, our guide will provide you many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained, Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world, with more than 106,000 acres of plantations devoted exclusively to banana production.
4) Coastal Drive: You will see from the cost the beautiful paradise of Limon, the Uvita Island a important place of the history of all Costa Rica, the airport and if you are lucky you will see monkeys on the trees of the road
5) The Tortuguero Canals: You will make a boat ride of 1 hour, on the tortuguero canals one of the biggest ribers in the country, this is a special place because this is a natural canal, have a lot of mangroves, for that main reason it lives a lot of nature on this river, Keep an eye open for wildlife, like the howler monkeys, many sloths, snowy egret, hawks, aquatic birds, caimans and crocodiles.
6) Enjoy the Souvenirs Stores & Shopping: During our Limon Highlights tour. here you can taste and buy the famous terrazu coffe one of the best in all Costa Rica.