Bring out your inner dare devil canyoning in the Cairns rainforest where you abseil, zip line, slide and jump beside waterfalls and into pools. Crystal Canyon is located in a secluded section of Crystal Cascades where the excitement of canyoning a rocky watercourse can be enjoyed in a safe and controlled environment under the supervision of experienced guides.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tour
This half day canyoning adventure will push you outside your comfort zone as you tackle the challenges of conquering heights, boulders and mother nature in the pristine beauty of a secluded rainforest watercourse!
Your day begins with pickup from your Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation. Your group of 12 people maximum and 2 adventure guides (who carry all the heavy equipment required for canyoning) will be provided with all necessary safety gear including canyoning harness, helmet, shoes, long-sleeve thermal top for sun protection, neoprene shorts and a low-profile life jacket all padded to provide extra protection from the rocks. The adventure starts at the viewing platform at Devil’s Drop in Crystal Cascades where you leave the public access areas, for the higher reaches of the tropical watercourse. After a detailed safety talk and short walk up the track, your first abseil of the day is an 11 meter controlled descent down a huge granite rock beside the first waterfall in this section.
Cool off at the bottom in the slippery dip slide, which will lead you to the next challenge and the biggest drop of the day - a 30 meter abseil down the Big Cheese! The course continues with a total of 8 rappels, 3 jumps, 2 slides and a very cool zip line! Along the way you will also have the use of hand lines to ensure ultimate safety. Keep your eyes open for wildlife including monitor lizards, birds and an array of colorful butterflies and dragonflies which can often be seen in the area.
Upon completion of the course you'll enjoy a light lunch and comfort stop before being transported back to your Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation.
Inclusions for Cairns Canyoning Experience From Cairns Or Northern Beaches
- Use of all equipment
- Professional guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns/Northern Beaches
- Small-group tour
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for Cairns Canyoning Experience From Cairns Or Northern Beaches
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Basic fitness level required
Please advise any dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.