From USD 61.62
OverviewExperience the great outdoors in Cairns on this active tour that includes a hike through the Cairns Botanical Gardens. Trek to the top of Mt Whitfield where you get spectacular views of the city and a delicious picnic lunch. Afterward, visit the Cairns ZOOm and Wildlife Dome to interact with native animals. If you're feeling adventurous, test your courage as you zipline across a crocodile-filled pond, among other optional activities. Your small group is limited to 12 people for a more personalized experience with your knowledgeable guide.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and small group outside the Bellview Hotel, then hop on the public bus to reach the Cairns Botanical Gardens. The horticultural wonderland boasts more than 4,000 species of plants from around the globe. Take in the lush gardens as your experienced guide leads you along the Red Arrow Track on a moderately difficult 40-minute hike to the top of Mount Whitfield. From the summit, get amazing views of the Trinity Inlet estuary and the city of Cairns.
After snapping photos of the lush forest and ocean, head to the Aboriginal Plant Use Garden. For thousands of years, local Aboriginals have used a variety of plants for food, medicine, shelter, clothing, tools, utensils and weapons. You'll learn about what's used for what from your guide.
Once you have worked up an appetite, tuck into a delicious picnic lunch of fish and chips. Cold water is provided, but other beverages can be purchased. Satisfied, return to the city by bus to visit the Cairns ZOOm and Wildlife Dome located downtown.
Shift your attention from plants to animals when you arrive at the Wildlife Dome, perched on top of the swanky Reef Hotel Casino. An Australian rainforest scene grows under the glass-top roof, where parrots, cockatoos, and other tropical birds soar from tree to tree. You also get to see furry koalas and wallabies, and marvel at large snakes and crocodiles. Throughout the day, wildlife shows and informative presentations are offered by the keepers.
If you want to get your heart racing, try some of the optional ZOOm activities during your 2.5-hour visit to the dome. Challenge yourself to gravity-defying activities such as a ropes course and a zipline over the crocodile pond. Your expert guide offers encouragement and tips as you dare to push your limits.
Your tour ends at the Wildlife Dome, where you have the option to stay on your own or head to your next destination.
Inclusions for Cairns Wildlife Tour Of Mt Whitfield, Cairns Botanical Gardens And Cairns Wildlife Dome
- Local guide
- Transport by local bus
- Entry to Cairns Wildlife Dome
- One bottle of water
Exclusions for Cairns Wildlife Tour Of Mt Whitfield, Cairns Botanical Gardens And Cairns Wildlife Dome
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Optional activities at Cairns Wildlife Dome
- Individual photo with a koala
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 6 years
A maximum of 12 people per tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.