Cairo City Tour: Egyptian Museum, Citadel Of Salah El-Din And Khan El Khalili Bazaar
OverviewExplore Egypt's history with a visit to the famous Egyptian Museum. Coming next, you will visit Cairos most famous Islamic sites: Citadel of Salah el-Din, Alabaster Mosque and promenade through Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Know More about this tourYour day will start with a pick-up from your hotel in Cairo, it is then time to visit the biggest Museum in the world that shows antiquities of one civilization and people. The Egyptian museum in Cairo opened in 1901 it is a huge place that displays what was found in the tombs and temples such as statues, jewellery, furniture, mummies and other types of monuments. There are more than 160,000 pieces on display that need weeks to see. However, during your short visit, your guide will show and explain the most important pieces and the highlights. You will enjoy the wonderful treasures of the boy king Tut Ankh Amun: the fabulous golden mask and coffins. You will have free time to browse the museum yourself and you may like to see the Royal Mummies (an option for an additional cost).
Then, your next stop will be at the Citadel of Salah el-Din, a military fort built in the 12th century named after King Saladin who fought against the Crusaders. See the ruins left of the citadel are the walls, towers and some of the gates. The main visit is to the Alabaster mosque of Mohamed Ali. The mosque which was built in 1830, finished in 1848 is a landmark in Cairo and one of the most impressive places in the city, your guide will tell you about the main elements of the mosque and the basic beliefs of Islam.
When you leave the mosque you will enjoy the panoramic view of the old part of the city. Carry on and you will spend some time in the oldest and biggest market in Cairo Khan el Khalili Bazzar, founded in 1382. You will have some time to try your bargaining skills in buying a souvenir. Your guide will recommend you what items you can buy there. You may like to have a local drink in (El-fishawy coffee shop) the oldest one in the market place. This is a very nice conclusion of the day tour. Return back to your hotel in Cairo.
Inclusions for Cairo City Tour: Egyptian Museum, Citadel Of Salah El-Din And Khan El Khalili Bazaar
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Cairo City Tour: Egyptian Museum, Citadel Of Salah El-Din And Khan El Khalili Bazaar
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.