The representative will pick you up form your hotel and take you through the streets of Cairo to visit the Giza Zoo. The Giza Zoo was established in 1894 on the former royal Harem Gardens. The zoo stretches over 85 acres of green space. A wide variety of animals and birds are available to see in their dens. Among the animal collection are tigers, Lions, monkeys, Giraffes, elephants, cheetah, hippopotamus, unicorn, fox, bears, Zebras, gazelles, pelicans, parrots, birds, ostriches, flamingos among others. The animals are located in their dens with the largest green space in the town. Inside the Zoo is the Zoological museum one of the biggest in the area which exhibits mummified animals and inside one of the oldest mummified crocodiles in the world. This tour will appeal to the children and the family as a whole.
Things to do in Giza Zoo
- Maps are available for purchase at the gates
- You can see the water ways inside the garden, waterfalls, wooden bridges and lakes for the birds offered.
- You can start visiting the sections, including reptiles, birds section and elephants section. You can also take some food and feed them for fun, entertainment and taking some wonderful photos, especially with crocodiles, elephants or exotic animals.
- Visit the zoology museum, which was built in 1906 and contains rare collections of birds and stuffed reptiles.
- You can also visit the so-called Japanese kiosk is a small museum inside the park, containing some of the holdings and photographs of the zoo, ancient and modern, was created during the reign of King Fuad in 1924 on the occasion of the visit of the Crown Prince of Japan to Egypt.
At the end of your tour to the Zoo you will be transferred back to your hotel