Cajon Del Maipo And San Jose Volcano Hiking Tour From Santiago
OverviewThis full-day tour will allow you to immerse yourself in the heart of the Andes mountains as you discover all the beauty around. Explore Cajon del Maipo and hike up to San Jose volcano (5,800 meters above sea level) to enjoy stunning views of a waterfall, rivers and glaciers. This is an unforgettable experience that includes transport, a professional guide and lunch.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourWe are going to a unique area close to the city of Santiago, named Cajon del Maipo. This is the place where you can do adventure tourism activities and enjoy the nature and the majestic Andes Mountain range. We will leave Santiago towards San Jos de Maipo where if you want, you can have a rich breakfast and drink a coffee in a traditional place for later, start again the trip. We will continue along the Canyon of the Maipo river, following it during the whole trip until we arrive to the area of El Cabrerio, where our trekking starts, in the heart of the Andes Mountain range. Some kilometers, before arriving, we will stop for a walk of 25 minutes to see a majestic waterfall. During our trekking, we are going to discover a volcano of 5.800 meters above sea level, located a 100 kms away from Santiago and a walk of 3 hours roundtrip. A journey to the past of the creation of the south American continent in a peaceful area with breathtaking landscapes all over the incredible Andes Mountain range and its glaciers. During the trekking our professional guides are going to give us information about Chile, our nature, environmental problems, flora and fauna of the place, so we can transform this incredible trekking in an unforgettable experience. We are going to hike to La Engorda Valley, where we are going to have the best panoramic view of Volcan San Jos and the Andes Mountain, here we will have a moment for relaxing, eating a delicious sandwich, taking some pictures and connecting with nature. We will start our walk back to the van where we are going to share a glass of chilean wine and start again our way back to Santiago, recharged by the energy of the mountains.
Difficulty: Medium. From 8 to 70 years old. It requires a good physical condition, for people without respiratory illnesses like asthma, heart problems, obesity or people who have undergone a surgical operation during the last six months. The maximum altitude is 2.500 meters above sea level. Altitude difference of 600 meters. Previous experience is not required, comfortable clothes adapt for wind, snow, sun and good trekking shoes, are necessary. *Tour subject to change due to climatic conditions like rain or snow. Season: ALL YEAR. In Winter, if there is snow we will do the same trekking with snowshoes.
Inclusions for Cajon Del Maipo And San Jose Volcano Hiking Tour From Santiago
- Bottled water
- Gourmet Sandwich & Snack
- Glass of wine
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cajon Del Maipo And San Jose Volcano Hiking Tour From Santiago
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pickups in private residence
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund with 48 hours of anticipation.
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Vegetarian option is available and other dietary requierements, please advise at time of booking if required
Recommendations: sunscreen, trekking shoes, daypack, camera and warm jacket, sun hat.
Passport number,full name, country and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Undurraga Vineyard Experience with Premium Wine Tasting
- Premium Concha y Toro Winery Tour with Wine and Cheese Tastings from Santiago
- Valle Nevado Day Trip from Santiago
- Cousino Macul and Concha y Toro Wineries Day Trip from Santiago
- Santiago Super Saver: 2-Day City Sightseeing and Concha y Toro Winery Tour
- Santiago Hotel or Airport Arrival Transfer to Via del Mar or Valparaiso