Calligraphy In Kyoto Shodo Experience In Kyoto
OverviewCalligraphy Kyoto. Enjoy a unique Japanese cultural activity of SHODO calligraphy in Kyoto. A shodo expert will kindly explain the connection between meditation and Japanese calligraphy and teach you how to use the brush to create strokes like the Japanese. Enjoy cultural activity of Japan on a 60-minute calligraphy class in Kyoto. Lessons will be held in order of hiragana, katakana, kanji. Kind Japanese teachers will instruct you in the tatami-style room.
Know More about this tour
You will experience:
- Create fantastic memories of your trip to Japan
- Opportunities for taking photographs will be highlighted throughout
- Special experience of Japanese culture
- Enjoyable experience with children
- Learning about the history of Japanese culture
- This is a private session, there will be no strangers in the workshop
With the guidance of a kind calligraphy instructor, you will learn the history of kanji from China and the history of hiragana and katakana which are made from kanji. It is also important to know how to hold the brush and the posture when writing. You will practice handwriting on a calligraphy paper with a brush. You can practice a lot at will.
After practicing the foundation of vertical and horizontal lines like , (one, river), next you will challenge your favorite kanji character. Positive feelings such as (love), (fortune) and (happiness) are popular.
Finally, from the origin and pronunciation of the name, you will get to know the kanji of your name and finish your work. Please enjoy your writing freely. Commemorative photo shooting calligraphy can be done in a traditional Japanese style room! The staff will assist you to shoot a few photos with your camera.
We practice Shodo on tatami mats, but there are zabutons (cushions) for Seiza sitting so please relax even if you are not good at sitting straight on the tatami.
*Create fantastic memories of your trip to Japan
*Opportunities for taking photographs will be highlighted throughout
*Special experience of Japanese culture
*Enjoyable experience with children
*Learning about the history of Japanese culture
Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend a day than learning a traditional, beautiful new activity with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldnt find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendor.
Inclusions for Calligraphy In Kyoto Shodo Experience In Kyoto
- SHODO items
Exclusions for Calligraphy In Kyoto Shodo Experience In Kyoto
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Haunted Spots and Ghost Tour in Kyoto
- Kyoto Underground Tour
- Kyo-arashi Shibori Scarf Class
- The Alternative Fushimi Inari Walking Tour
- Total Kyoto - Full Day Kyoto by Day and after Dusk Small Group Tour
- Gion and Kamogawa Evening Food Tour in Kyoto
- Kyoto Sagano Walk and Bamboo Forest
- Kimono and Yukata Experience in Kyoto with Japanese Traditional Candies